GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new mosquito killers any good? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/159867-new-mosquito-killers-any-good.html)

rb 10-06-2007 06:47 AM

new mosquito killers any good?

Something caught my eye at Lowes the other day. Seems that there is now a
mosquito killer available which looks a lot like the old bug zappers. The
bug zappers would bag everything except mosquitoes.

Up until a couple years ago, state of the art on mosquito control were the
Dragon Fly type setups. They were expensive to buy and operate, but were
reasonably effective.

These new zapper looking units go for approx $100.

Anyone know if they're good for patio mosquito control? I'd guess it'd take
two for a large patio. The instruction says to hang them off to one side of
where people will congregate to draw the little pets off to one side while
zapping them.