GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   leaf mould??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/160025-leaf-mould.html)

dkhedmo 12-06-2007 09:01 PM

leaf mould???

Many of the British gardening resources I have read often refer to "leaf
mould" and I have no Idea what they are talking about! Anyone? My guess
is half rotted leaves?

Karen

Eggs Zachtly 12-06-2007 11:58 PM

leaf mould???

dkhedmo said:

Many of the British gardening resources I have read often refer to "leaf
mould" and I have no Idea what they are talking about! Anyone? My guess
is half rotted leaves?

Your guess is spot-on. =)

--

Eggs

I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.

acresgm 13-06-2007 02:09 PM

You are correct it is from leaves dying and composting down. A good way to compost them is to place in black bin liners, make a few holes for air and leave in a corner of the garden to rot down. Leaf mould is very beneficial for the garden.