Old 14-06-2007, 01:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Jumping on Dean

Bob
Eggs
Dave

Been a while since you got laid or what?, not enough coffee?

I've been lurking here for about a year, give or take,
you folks were sorta out of character for this newsgroup to be so harsh to
this Dean person.

We have enough NG's out here with a bunch of hateful posts.
Am I missing something here?

I personally have had to open a Google account for posting to newsgroups
because my ISP (charter) isn't working right and besides lot's of ISP's have
done away with their newsgroups.

Not everybody knows how to crosspost AND frankly my ISP only let's me
crosspost to two groups, (guess what I have to do to post to more than two
groups).

Clark

Old 15-06-2007, 12:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Dean's daddy said:

Bob
Eggs
Dave

Been a while since you got laid or what?, not enough coffee?

I get plenty of both, thanks.

I've been lurking here for about a year, give or take,

Whoopie for you! Am I somehow supposed to be impressed about that? I've
been doing this since before there even /was/ The Usenet.

you folks were sorta out of character for this newsgroup to be so harsh to
this Dean person.

Where's it say what kind of character people must post as, 'for this
newsgroup'? Point me to it, and I'll gladly comply. If not, KMA. I give
plenty of sound advice here, and if you don't like the method of delivery,
again, KMA.

We have enough NG's out here with a bunch of hateful posts.
Am I missing something here?

Apparently so. The Usenet isn't some web-based, censored, kiddie forum.
You've several choices...

A. Grow some thicker skin, if my posts somehow bother you.
B. Killfile me. (Wouldn't bother me in the least.)
C. Unsubscribe and join a web-forum. (With it's advertisements, avatars,
pics-galore, and it's happy-faced moderators.)

I personally have had to open a Google account for posting to newsgroups
because my ISP (charter) isn't working right

Bullshit. You haven't *had* to do any such ****ing thing. There are a
venerable plethora of free and paid news services out there. Use one of
them. Google was fine by me when the took over the Deja archive, and they
should have left it as that. Now, any dipshit with internet access can get
a throw-away account, and spam with an interface that produces Usenet posts
that don't comply with the RFC's. Nah, **** G2. In my killfile it will
stay.

BTW, I've had Charter as an ISP for around 11 years. I've never had a
problem with it.

and besides lot's of ISP's have done away with their newsgroups.

Again, then use one of the free or pay news services. Noone /has/ to use
Google.

Not everybody knows how to crosspost AND frankly my ISP only let's me
crosspost to two groups, (guess what I have to do to post to more than two
groups).

Crossposting is /rarely/ necessary, and /usually/ frowned upon. But, asking
a question in one group, getting the answer, ignoring it, and posting the
same question to another group will almost certainly be frowned upon.

Hope this clears things up for you. Now, FOAD, whiner.

--

Eggs

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.
Old 15-06-2007, 04:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jun 14, 6:38 pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Dean's daddy said:

[...]

Actually I did'nt ignore anything,My posts were within 1 minute of
each other. That being said I doubt that it's any better on My part. I
fu**ed up.
Sorry to Eggs and All that were put out.
Thanks Clark for defending Me and/or All that just do'nt quite have a
grasp yet. I did end with an answer and coulda done much worse I
guess.
30degree angle for My blades is cool as can be.
Dean

Old 15-06-2007, 12:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Dean's daddy said:

[...]

God Bless you Eggs. :-)

Eggs, I cannot overstate this enough, YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR MEDICATION
EVERYDAY.

I don't care if you been doing this since before Usegroups, do you mean that
you were on the CB before this?

What was your handle, Old Crazy Cooter?

So as far as Google newsgroups, I think your saying the old way or no way
huh?
Things change Cooter.
I always use a throwaway E-mail, I use that so my legit accounts don't get
filled with spam
but feel free to E-mail me at it does work, and I
do check it.

I hope you feel better today.

Clark

Old 16-06-2007, 01:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Dean's daddy said:

[...]

[borked OE quoting snipped]

God Bless you Eggs. :-)

Thanks. =)

Eggs, I cannot overstate this enough, YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR MEDICATION
EVERYDAY.

No meds needed. I'm as calm as can be. =)

I don't care if you been doing this since before Usegroups,

Hey, you brought up your history (assumably to try and impress me, and you
failed at that, miserably).

do you mean that you were on the CB before this?

Do a search on BBS's, noob.

What was your handle, Old Crazy Cooter?

It's been what it is since the mid 80's.

So as far as Google newsgroups, I think your saying the old way or no way
huh?

You should quit thinking. I never said any such thing. You're a bit behind
on computer history, aren't you? Since you're such a google fan, use it to
search for the Dejanews archives, and what has transpired since. Then, do
some reading on the RFC's that deal with The Usenet.

Things change Cooter.

Yes they do, but google doesn't control the changes, contrary to your
limited knowledge and beliefs. There have been standards in place for
literally, years. Google's posting interface doesn't comply with them.

I always use a throwaway E-mail, I use that so my legit accounts don't get
filled with spam

Nothing wrong with spam traps. Everything wrong with using throwaways to
spam groups, though. Google makes that far too easy, and does nothing to
stop, or even control it. can/will do nothing to
control the spam that originates through it.

but feel free to E-mail me at
it does work, and I
do check it.

Why would I want to email you? You've something to say, that you
can't/won't say in public? Grow up.

I hope you feel better today.

Better than what, you? I'm sure I do. You seem to be much more bothered
about this than I.

--

Eggs

-It ain't the jeans that make your butt look fat.

Old 16-06-2007, 02:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Dean's daddy said:

[...]

Not bothered Eggs, just annoyed, I don't need a ****ing contest with an old
Coot in the fricken Lawn and garden group.

Not that I care much, but you don't know anything about me, but let me give
you a heads up.

I used to run a BBS with the blazing speed of a 300bps modem and then the
huge upgrade of 2400 bps with one dedicated phone line to boot. does this
look familiar? the bell 103 &212A standard?
(I still have a 300 in the storage room) with toggle switches and
everything, Chrome too.. that big old external rig that ran on the old COM 1
just blazing fast with my 386sx Packard Bell (no math co processor) with 12
or 16 meg of ram and DOS 3.3 or 4, (well the upgrades blur a bit) 4 meg
upgrade cost me $200 plus tax, at Radio Shack
Then there was Windows 3.0, 3.1, and/or Windows for workgroups(I thinks
that's what it was called).

I still have two 386's that I fire up to play gorilla and nibbles on once in
a blue moon.
remember coding in Basic?

Look at me! I programmed a random number generator and named it dice
!!!!!!!!!!
I won't bore you further with stories of the Commodore 64 or the Apple IIe ,
like when I upgraded to the cassette tape feature.

I gotta go mow the lawn.

Clark

Old 16-06-2007, 05:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

[big snip]

Not bothered Eggs, just annoyed, I don't need a ****ing contest with an old
Coot in the fricken Lawn and garden group.

Annoyed/Bothered same difference, here. Seems /you're/ the one that needs
the meds.

Not that I care much, but you don't know anything about me, but let me give
you a heads up.

Sounds good.

I used to run a BBS with the blazing speed of a 300bps modem and then the
huge upgrade of 2400 bps with one dedicated phone line to boot. does this
look familiar? the bell 103 &212A standard?

Yup, looks very familiar. My sister beat me to the BBS, so I just connected
to hers. She's still got all the switchboard wiring hanging in that room.

(I still have a 300 in the storage room) with toggle switches and
everything, Chrome too.. that big old external rig that ran on the old COM 1
just blazing fast with my 386sx Packard Bell (no math co processor) with 12
or 16 meg of ram and DOS 3.3 or 4, (well the upgrades blur a bit) 4 meg
upgrade cost me $200 plus tax, at Radio Shack

Hard to get rid of the old equipment, isn't it? Slowest modem I kept was
the 2400.

Then there was Windows 3.0, 3.1, and/or Windows for workgroups(I thinks
that's what it was called).

What? You skipped MS-DOS and went right to Windows? I still have a copy of
1.1 around here, somewhere. Had every version of Windows (including 1.0) up
until XP. No need for the bells and whistles here.

I still have two 386's that I fire up to play gorilla and nibbles on once in
a blue moon.

Got ya beat. I've still got my Vic 20. =P

remember coding in Basic?

See above

Look at me! I programmed a random number generator and named it dice
!!!!!!!!!!
I won't bore you further with stories of the Commodore 64 or the Apple IIe ,
like when I upgraded to the cassette tape feature.

My cassette drive is sitting on the desk behind me, attached to my
Commodore.

I gotta go mow the lawn.

My son did that. I think I'll fire up a game of Gorf. =P

Now that the chest thumping is out of the way, perhaps we should get back
to the l&g thing.

Have a great day. =)

--

Eggs

APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.