Old 14-06-2007, 07:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Pruning shears?

Can someone recommend a brand of pruning sheers? I've tried every kind
that Home Depot sells and they all fail in one way or the other. The
rotating mechanism made of plastic binds up and doesn't spring open.
Others lock at the drop of a hat. Some won't stay sharp. The hand
grips fall off of others. TIA.
Old 15-06-2007, 12:11 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

http://www.felcostore.com/order1.jsp...er=pruners.jsp

I've tried every kind
that Home Depot sells and they all fail in one way or the other.

What do you expect from a Walmart-type lawn center?

The
rotating mechanism made of plastic binds up and doesn't spring open.

You expected plastic pruners to last? LMAO!

Others lock at the drop of a hat.

There's a screw to adjust the tension of the lock, dumbass.

Some won't stay sharp.

No, *none* will *stay* sharp. They *all* require regular maintainence,
dumbass.

The hand grips fall off of others.

Quit looking at the ones in the kid isle.

TIA.

YW

--

Eggs

-If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?
Old 15-06-2007, 02:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Stubby" wrote in message
news
Can someone recommend a brand of pruning sheers? I've tried every kind
that Home Depot sells and they all fail in one way or the other. The
rotating mechanism made of plastic binds up and doesn't spring open.
Others lock at the drop of a hat. Some won't stay sharp. The hand grips
fall off of others. TIA.

I've got a set of Craftsman and a set of Fiskars, both of which I sharpen
occasionally and both of which have lasted for about 8 years. Both are
lever-action style and have provided satisfactory service.

Old 16-06-2007, 02:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:
Stubby said:
The hand grips fall off of others.

Quit looking at the ones in the kid isle.

TIA.

YW

Isn't he the same Stubby that said he never changes his oil?
Old 16-06-2007, 03:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steveo said:

wrote:
Stubby said:
The hand grips fall off of others.

Quit looking at the ones in the kid isle.

TIA.

YW

Isn't he the same Stubby that said he never changes his oil?

The one and only. =)

--

Eggs

How can there be self-help "groups"?

Old 18-06-2007, 02:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:35:37 -0400, Stubby wrote:

Can someone recommend a brand of pruning sheers? I've tried every kind
that Home Depot sells and they all fail in one way or the other. The
rotating mechanism made of plastic binds up and doesn't spring open.
Others lock at the drop of a hat. Some won't stay sharp. The hand
grips fall off of others. TIA.

Good day Stubbie,
I've used Felco #13 for 8 years now with no issues. I've replaced the
blades every year, but I due lots of cutting with them. Way more than the
average gardener. My second favorites are the Corona brand. These are
generaly well built but you cannot change the blades/parts.

In the furture, it would be best for us if you listed off the brands that
you have tried.

Good day,
Timothy

Old 18-06-2007, 04:11 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

timothy said:

[...]

My second favorites are the Corona brand. These are
generaly well built but you cannot change the blades/parts.

Sure, you can. You can order replacement pivot bolts with nut, springs, as
well as blades.

[rest snipped]
--

Eggs

- You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery
tart threw a sword at you!!