GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   weed and feed disaster! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/160138-weed-feed-disaster.html)

gardengeek via HomeKB.com 15-06-2007 06:45 AM

weed and feed disaster!

Help! Someone please! I know this has been discussed somewhere before but I
am not finding it. The stuff burned my lawn!

Ivor 22-06-2007 02:13 PM

Most combination lawn feeds (with weedkiller / mosskiller) are Urea based materials. These products are reliant on water to start the process of feeding and weeding etc. If there is too much water the breakdown is too quick and can end up being washed away. Too little water and it will automatically burn the grass. This is similar to dogs urine (urea) that will have a similar effect.