Old 16-06-2007, 04:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default String Trimmers for mowing grass ?

Which trimmer is best for grass cutting ? I
have large areas that are much too steep for a mower, and have to use a
weedeater. The string type trimmer that I use doesn't cut grass very
evenly.

Aren't there some models that also allow plastic blades to be attached for
heavy brush and/or grass ??

James

Old 18-06-2007, 01:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:35:16 -0400, James wrote:

Which trimmer is best for grass cutting ? I
have large areas that are much too steep for a mower, and have to use a
weedeater. The string type trimmer that I use doesn't cut grass very
evenly.

Aren't there some models that also allow plastic blades to be attached for
heavy brush and/or grass ??

James

Good day James. I would _highly_ recommend that you stay away from the
'plastic' blades and the like. These are usually cheap nylon that will
degrade rather quickly. It sounds like the trimmer that your using at the
moment is not powerful enough for the job or the string size is not big
enough.

I would recommend that you look at the husqvarna line that Lowes carries.
These are very well built, near pro quality machines that will have enough
power to do what you need. I would warn you to watch out for Echo
products, as they have weak carburetors. After 100/150 hours of use the
carburetor will be shot and need to be rebuilt. This design is due to the
enviromental requirments of many U.S states. Besides, the cheap
carburetors keep dealers in business.

To be honest, the best option (if possibe) is to place appropriate
landscaping in the area. A low growing, low maintaince ground cover
or....? Use your imagination. This will save you time and money in the
long run.
Good luck and enjoy......
Timothy

String Trimmers Guv Bob[_2_] Lawns 2 18-07-2012 06:32 AM
Information needed about String Trimmers!!!!!!!!! georgesamuel12 Lawns 0 10-03-2009 08:41 AM
i want information about string trimmers? please reply as soon as possible sharperblade Lawns 4 03-03-2009 01:17 AM
Best Gas-powered String Trimmers evolutionman 2004 Lawns 4 24-06-2004 02:08 PM
A tale of two Walmart String Trimmers Jim Gilliland Lawns 3 12-08-2003 04:43 PM