Old 29-10-2002, 02:00 AM
The Fly

Default Trimmer line

Anyone got any good ideas on how to load trimmer line? Everytime I
try it gets jammed or tangled up a few minutes after I start using the
trimmer. How do you keep the line taught while rewinding?

Thanks
Old 29-10-2002, 04:22 AM
notme

you have to take your time and try to make it as neat (going back and forth
in layers)and as tight as possible. There is no easy way of rewinding the
line. I fight with it each time. but if someone does have a easy way I would
be interested in hearing it.

Old 29-10-2002, 06:26 AM
Tim Fischer

"notme" wrote in message
t...
you have to take your time and try to make it as neat (going back and

forth
in layers)and as tight as possible. There is no easy way of rewinding the
line. I fight with it each time. but if someone does have a easy way I

would
be interested in hearing it.

Anyone with some mechanical ingenuity want to try to come up with a homebrew
"line winder"? I'm thinking of something on the order of a "bobbin winder"
which is common on every sewing machine. Think how neatly the bobbin gets
wound.

Probably isn't so simple when you're dealing with semi-rigid trimmer line,
though...

-Tim

Old 30-10-2002, 01:31 AM
notme

i thought of something along like a fishing reel but never could get around
to makeing one.

Old 06-12-2002, 08:50 AM
Ken Shelton

Hold the line between your 3rd and 4th finger and palm and the spool between
the index finger and thumb on same hand, do not wind the line, turn the
spool with your other hand, this keeps the line from twisting.

Ken Shelton

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=8825968

Line Trimmer opinions Glenn Gardening 2 01-04-2004 07:47 PM
Which Line trimmer/whipper Snipper? PandA Australia 3 25-08-2003 06:42 AM
Ryobi trimmer line jams Dave K. Gardening 5 04-06-2003 07:44 AM
Trimmer line The Fly Lawns 4 05-05-2003 11:58 PM
Line Trimmer/Whipper Snipper Advice Digger Australia 3 05-04-2003 07:33 AM