GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Crossbow weed killer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/161067-crossbow-weed-killer.html)

Keith Corwell 30-06-2007 09:35 PM

Crossbow weed killer

Hi all,
Has anybody every used crossbow weed killer ?
How should I mix it ?

Eggs Zachtly 30-06-2007 09:57 PM

Crossbow weed killer

Keith Corwell said:

Hi all,
Has anybody every used crossbow weed killer ?

What are you wanting to kill with it?

How should I mix it ?

Did it not come with a label?

--

Eggs

-How to become immortal: Read this signature tomorrow and follow its
advice.

Eggs Zachtly 30-06-2007 10:43 PM

Crossbow weed killer

[Top-posting fixed.]

Keith Corwell said:

Hi all,
Has anybody every used crossbow weed killer ?

What are you wanting to kill with it?

Thistle

Perennial? Biennial? Where is it located? Your lawn? Your garden beds? A
little league baseball field?

You still didn't answer:

How should I mix it ?

Did it not come with a label?

Was this something that was given to you? Or, did you go out and
specifically purchase it to kill some thistle? Did you not research
application rates, when looking for something to kill thistle?

Do you have a low-pressure nozzle for your sprayer? What's it's capacity?

Again, did your product not come with a label? What you ask is clearly
printed, there.

[Borked OE quoting fixed.]

--

Eggs

-Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again. -
Marin County newspaper's TV listing for The Wizard of Oz

KC[_2_] 01-07-2007 01:59 AM

Crossbow weed killer

On Jun 30, 3:35 pm, "Keith Corwell" wrote:
Hi all,
Has anybody every used crossbow weed killer ?
How should I mix it ?

I use it all the time. It's just a concentrated (41% IIRC) 2,4,D. It
comes with very detailed instructions. Follow them.

KC

Clark[_2_] 01-07-2007 09:41 PM

Crossbow weed killer

Keith Corwell said:

Hi all,
Has anybody every used crossbow weed killer ?

What are you wanting to kill with it?

How should I mix it ?

Did it not come with a label?

--

Eggs

-How to become immortal: Read this signature tomorrow and follow its
advice.

I still think your a bully! but your a fun read!!!

Clark

Eggs Zachtly 02-07-2007 12:30 AM

Crossbow weed killer

Keith Corwell said:

Hi all,
Has anybody every used crossbow weed killer ?

What are you wanting to kill with it?

How should I mix it ?

Did it not come with a label?

--

Eggs

-How to become immortal: Read this signature tomorrow and follow its
advice.

I still think your a bully! but your a fun read!!!

=P

--

Eggs

Do cemetery workers prefer the graveyard shift?

Eggs Zachtly 02-07-2007 12:43 AM

Crossbow weed killer

[Top-posting fixed]

Keith Corwell said:

Hi all,
Has anybody every used crossbow weed killer ?

What are you wanting to kill with it?

Thistle

Perennial? Biennial? Where is it located? Your lawn? Your garden beds? A
little league baseball field?

You still didn't answer:

How should I mix it ?

Did it not come with a label?

Was this something that was given to you? Or, did you go out and
specifically purchase it to kill some thistle? Did you not research
application rates, when looking for something to kill thistle?

Do you have a low-pressure nozzle for your sprayer? What's it's capacity?

Again, did your product not come with a label? What you ask is clearly
printed, there.

[Borked OE quoting fixed.]

Sorry I am so stupid
I was just asking

You were just asking a question that you should already have the answer to.

My questions were quite valid, and you answered none of them. Too often
people are given chemicals (that they shouldn't posess in the first place)
from a "friend" in the business, with no understanding on the product's
uses, dangers, etc. I asked what kind of thistle (it matters). You didn't
answer. I asked the specific location of the thistle. You didn't answer.
Crossbow should be applied with a very low pressure nozzle, hence my
question.

Everything you need to know about that product is on the label, and the
MSDS sheet. Anytime you aren't sure about what a chemical is for, or how it
is to be applied, you need to read both, /thoroughly/.

I've found the best control for thistle to be a weed digger. It takes more
time, but the results are instant and usually only require one
"application". ;) Again, the location of the weed, matters.

Please stop top-posting your replies.
--

Eggs

A computer scientist is someone who, when told to 'Go to Hell', sees the
'go to', rather than the destination, as harmful.

mitalene 23-06-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggs Zachtly (Post 726464)
[Top-posting fixed]

Keith Corwell said:

"Eggs Zachtly" er wrote in message
[Top-posting fixed.]

Keith Corwell said:

"Eggs Zachtly"
er wrote in message
Keith Corwell said:

[...]

It would have been very simple to just answer the question instead of talk all around it. The label got wet on my bottle and fell off therefore I no longer had access to the instructions. Sheesh

Bryce 02-07-2008 06:18 AM

I would agree, it would have just been easier to answer the question. I am in a similar predicament. I think you'll find the label replicated at http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld6MN002.pdf.

Good luck.

stevnblk 31-01-2011 06:14 PM

All you need to know about the product label, and MSDS table. Any time you do not know what chemicals, or how it to apply, you need to read both.

Debbs Seattle 13-08-2011 12:47 AM

I too don't have directions for crossbow, but I also don't have the product in my arsenal. My sweetie does have it but I looked up product label info online and researched specific instructions for invasive blackberries and elderberry which I inherited in my new home that was a bank repo.

It instructed me to apply during active growing season - check.
It instructed me to dilute 2 oz per gallon for early season application
or 4 oz per gallon for established plants over 5 ft tall.
It was applied using a low pressure 1 gallon sprayer and I am expecting per online data to see initial signs of plant injury at about 24 hours. I am now searching for the answer on how long till plant viablility is totally interrupted.

Why does every forum, regardless of subject, always have that one user that thinks they are so much smarter than everyone else and have to give completely useless replies??? Probably, because everyone in thier life, including thier mother, father, spouse, children and one time friends won't even listen to them any longer - - - or maybe they are 900 pounds and can't even get out of bed anymore, so they post avitar pics of thier ideal self and spout off like idiots on the forums to waste time and cyberspace with thier bs. Just saying.........

Debbs Seattle 13-08-2011 12:51 AM

You could have just posted a link to the crossbow product label site, Eggs-zagerated drama.