GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   John Deere LT 120 starting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/161299-john-deere-lt-120-starting.html)

Ralph Mowery 06-07-2007 12:25 AM

John Deere LT 120 starting

I have a JD LT 120 and from the day I have had it , it starts up slow. That
is I have to turn the starter for about 15 seconds or more to get it to
start the first time I use it for the day. After that it will start in just
a couple of seconds if I turn it off to close a gate or put more gas in it.
Is this normal ?

Srgnt Billko 06-07-2007 01:17 AM

John Deere LT 120 starting

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a JD LT 120 and from the day I have had it , it starts up slow.
That is I have to turn the starter for about 15 seconds or more to get it
to start the first time I use it for the day. After that it will start in
just a couple of seconds if I turn it off to close a gate or put more gas
in it. Is this normal ?

Doesn't sound normal to me. Is the choke closing all the way ? Try it with
the gas cap off to see if there is a vent problem. Does it leak gas out of
the carb when it sits for a while ?

ValveJob 06-07-2007 12:33 PM

John Deere LT 120 starting

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:25:39 GMT, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

I have a JD LT 120 and from the day I have had it , it starts up slow. That
is I have to turn the starter for about 15 seconds or more to get it to
start the first time I use it for the day. After that it will start in just
a couple of seconds if I turn it off to close a gate or put more gas in it.
Is this normal ?

That's not good.

It is obviously a lack of choking or lack of fuel problem.