Old 06-07-2007, 10:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Question about temporary decking

I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit due to
the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for something to
put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles when we have a BBQ.
I've looked at wooden decking squares but they seem horribly expensive for
even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

Old 06-07-2007, 05:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

CWatters wrote:
I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit
due to the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for
something to put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles
when we have a BBQ. I've looked at wooden decking squares but they
seem horribly expensive for even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

If you don't already have 1, the cheapest way to remove the puddles is
buy a leaf blower. Just blow the water right off in short order time!!
:-)

Tom J

Old 06-07-2007, 05:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Tom J" wrote in message
ink.net...
CWatters wrote:
I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit
due to the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for
something to put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles
when we have a BBQ. I've looked at wooden decking squares but they
seem horribly expensive for even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

If you don't already have 1, the cheapest way to remove the puddles is buy
a leaf blower. Just blow the water right off in short order time!! :-)

Tom J

Better than my idea, I was thinking drill some 1/2 holes in the pavement and
fill with pool filter sand.

Clark

Old 06-07-2007, 06:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Seriously, a backpack blower would make short order of the puddles.

Trouble is here in the UK they will fill up again about 5 mins after you
dried them :-(

Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Tom J said:

CWatters wrote:
I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit
due to the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for
something to put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles
when we have a BBQ. I've looked at wooden decking squares but they
seem horribly expensive for even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

If you don't already have 1, the cheapest way to remove the puddles is
buy a leaf blower. Just blow the water right off in short order time!!
:-)

Get outta my head, yoo. =)

Seriously, a backpack blower would make short order of the puddles.

--

Eggs

If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

CWatters wrote:
"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Seriously, a backpack blower would make short order of the puddles.

Trouble is here in the UK they will fill up again about 5 mins after
you dried them :-(

You are trying to have an outdoor party while it's raining?? You do
have trouble!! Spend the money to put a shelter over the patio!!

Tom J

Old 08-07-2007, 09:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Tom J" wrote:
CWatters wrote:
"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Seriously, a backpack blower would make short order of the puddles.

Trouble is here in the UK they will fill up again about 5 mins after
you dried them :-(

You are trying to have an outdoor party while it's raining?? You do
have trouble!! Spend the money to put a shelter over the patio!!

Tom J

Bingo.

I've got a shelter/gazebo to keep the rain off the BBQ but it won't stop 1"
of water that flows across the patio and through the gazebo in the weather
we've had recently. Normally the drains cope fine but it's been raining so
very hard recently. Will probably will keep raining for several more weeks.
I heard the jet stream is too far south. We've got towns flooded 9 feet deep
and several thousand homeless up north.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/grap.../nflood130.jpg

Still party on folks! Perhaps I'll just buy a few paving slabs and put them
down in the gazebo like stepping stones :-)

decking path question again AriesVal[_12_] United Kingdom 7 14-11-2011 09:40 PM
Looking for temporary decking CWatters United Kingdom 10 09-07-2007 01:56 AM
"Temporary" grass GIJane Gardening 7 31-07-2003 04:02 AM
Fishless (temporary) planted tank question Cichlidiot Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 01-07-2003 09:47 PM
Cheap temporary lighting? Richard Krush Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:12 AM