Old 06-07-2007, 09:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Reliable used pick-up trucks

This isn't quite a lawn question, but it is related. Plus, I
knew I could count on the collective wisdom of this group.

I am looking to buy a small to medium used pick-up truck between now
and next May. I've only got about $3,000 to $4,000 to spend, but I'm
hoping to squeeze about five good years out of this truck until I can
get a good full-time job.

I've heard Toyota Tacomas are good trucks, but those seem kind of
expensive, even in the 1996-1997 model years. Ford Rangers look
pretty
good, but I don't know how reliable they are.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"breaksthenews" wrote in message
ps.com...
This isn't quite a lawn question, but it is related. Plus, I
knew I could count on the collective wisdom of this group.

I am looking to buy a small to medium used pick-up truck between now
and next May. I've only got about $3,000 to $4,000 to spend, but I'm
hoping to squeeze about five good years out of this truck until I can
get a good full-time job.

I've heard Toyota Tacomas are good trucks, but those seem kind of
expensive, even in the 1996-1997 model years. Ford Rangers look
pretty
good, but I don't know how reliable they are.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

ford rangers and Mazda pickups are the same machine.You can usually get the
Mazda a little cheaper than the ranger.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jul 7, 5:43 pm, "digitalmaster"
wrote:

ford rangers and Mazda pickups are the same machine.You can usually get the
Mazda a little cheaper than the ranger.

There's a website, something like www.therangerstation.com for people
who are in to Rangers (and Mazdas) of all years, classic, beater-
truck, brand new, you name it. Big for sale section where you might
find something in your area.

Old 13-07-2007, 03:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"breaksthenews" wrote in message
ps.com...
This isn't quite a lawn question, but it is related. Plus, I
knew I could count on the collective wisdom of this group.

I am looking to buy a small to medium used pick-up truck between now
and next May. I've only got about $3,000 to $4,000 to spend, but I'm
hoping to squeeze about five good years out of this truck until I can
get a good full-time job.

I've heard Toyota Tacomas are good trucks, but those seem kind of
expensive, even in the 1996-1997 model years. Ford Rangers look
pretty
good, but I don't know how reliable they are.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

If you can find one get the Tacoma. It's worth the extra $$. I've owed a
Toyota truck since around 1980. The things never die. Change the tires, the
oil and gas'em up is about all you have to do.

can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it princess[_2_] Lawns 7 24-07-2013 09:22 AM
Reliable used pick-up trucks breaksthenews Gardening 16 08-07-2007 12:37 PM
Yukas, trucks, bikes and a cat Glittery Gary United Kingdom 2 26-08-2005 04:36 AM
Pickup trucks and ponds Crashj Ponds 1 28-07-2004 11:03 AM
reliable rose nursery Undine Gardening 0 25-01-2003 05:07 PM