Old 07-07-2007, 01:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Recommendation please - gasoline engine driven leaf blower

My leaf blower bit the dust and looking to buy a new one either hand
held or back back ... any recommendation based on personal experience?

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

nospamplse wrote:
My leaf blower bit the dust and looking to buy a new one either hand
held or back back ... any recommendation based on personal experience?

Thanks.

Shindiawa and Stihl make the best quality hand held and backpack
blowers, IMO.

--
Art
Old 07-07-2007, 03:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Art said:

nospamplse wrote:
My leaf blower bit the dust and looking to buy a new one either hand
held or back back ... any recommendation based on personal experience?

Thanks.

Shindiawa and Stihl make the best quality hand held and backpack
blowers, IMO.

We have both at work. Our Shindiawa backpacks are older, and I prefer them.
The Stihl's are much quieter, but I guess I'm so used to the two-handed
operation of the Shindaiwa. A lot of the guys like the Stihl. I have a
Stihl hand blower at work (new, don't have model number with me), and it's
sweet!

I guess I'd have to "second" the motion, tho. Shindaiwa or Stihl would be
the way to go.

--

Eggs

What's another word for thesaurus?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"nospamplse" wrote in message
. ..
My leaf blower bit the dust and looking to buy a new one either hand held
or back back ... any recommendation based on personal experience?

Thanks.

I have a hand held Echo and works pretty good. Other than what were already
mentioned, also consider Husqvarna. The deciding factor for me was what my
local store had at the time - the top brands are priced about the same
anyway. Look at what the pros use in your area. You should also consider
where the local service is located too - no need to drive half a day just to
get it fixed.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Art said:
nospamplse wrote:
My leaf blower bit the dust

[....]
recommendation based on personal experience?

Shindiawa and Stihl make the best quality hand held and backpack
blowers, IMO.

[....]

I guess I'd have to "second" the motion, tho. Shindaiwa or Stihl would be
the way to go.

I'm going to put a 'third' in for both Shindaiwa and Stihl products.

Stihl BR400 back pack - 100% great tool
Stihl SH85 is a hand held blower great for the small
jobs and easily converts to a vacuum shredder that bags.
the SH85 is great for removing leaves from flower beds
with out disturbing the mulch. also makes quick clean
up when doing hedge maintenance.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Top posting fixed.

Art said:

nospamplse wrote:
[...]

No it's not the same mfg. Shindaiwa does not private label for anyone.
While it is a good machine it's nowhere near the quality or performance
of the Shindaiwa backpacks.

--
Art
Old 10-07-2007, 02:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

i like the ones that have the carb and fuel lines out in the
open,easy to get to. because they need replaceing about every 3-4
years.been runnin a homelight hand held since 1986. i know the echo
,stihl ,shindowa are more high performance, but i get alot of used
homelights given to me because you can buy a new one for about what a
carb and fuel line job costs.lucas