Old 13-07-2007, 02:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Default leaking sprinkler control valve

I am extending my irrigation system and have built a 3 valve manifold system
using Toro 1" solonoid controllers. All the valves work well when I turn
them on. I've connected the middle valve ( 2 ) to an irrigation system and
in testing it found that valve to the left "leaks" only when #2 is turned
on. It does not leak when #2 is off.
Also I have only wired valve #2 so valves #1 and #3 are not connected to
electricity.
Any ideas why valve three would be leaking only when valve 2 is activated?
Thanks
JD

Old 13-07-2007, 04:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

On Jul 13, 9:50?am, "JD" wrote:
I am extending my irrigation system and have built a 3 valve manifold system
using Toro 1" solonoid controllers. All the valves work well when I turn
them on. I've connected the middle valve ( 2 ) to an irrigation system and
in testing it found that valve to the left "leaks" only when #2 is turned
on. It does not leak when #2 is off.
Also I have only wired valve #2 so valves #1 and #3 are not connected to
electricity.
Any ideas why valve three would be leaking only when valve 2 is activated?
Thanks
JD

Just a thought- some things do leak more at low pressure than at
high.. Possibly some dirt got in the valve, but it is forced closed
at full pressure. Leaks, however, when the other valve relieves some
of that pressure. I understand this is solenoid valve, but water
pressure may contribute to the seal.