Old 14-07-2007, 01:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Dog peeing on Grass

Hi
We babysat my friends dog and everywhere she peed on the grass is
growing like crazy and it is also a darker green in color.
Can anyone tell me what is going on as I was told the grass would die
fron her peeing on it.
Thanks
Old 14-07-2007, 03:42 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message
Hi
We babysat my friends dog and everywhere she peed on the grass is
growing like crazy and it is also a darker green in color.
Can anyone tell me what is going on as I was told the grass would die
fron her peeing on it.
Thanks

The yard may be nitrogen starved, so the dog's pee may help it. In a
normal, healthy yard, that much additional nitrogen would probably damage or
kill the grass.

Old 15-07-2007, 12:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

said:

Did Gravity drop it's ability for users to ad a nym?

--

Eggs

Is Marx's tomb a communist plot?

Old 15-07-2007, 07:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jul 13, 9:23 pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
said:

Hi
We babysat my friends dog and everywhere she peed on the grass is
growing like crazy and it is also a darker green in color.
Can anyone tell me what is going on as I was told the grass would die
fron her peeing on it.

The dog's urine is high in ammonia (almost pure nitrogen). Nitrogen is
fertilizer. Too much fertilizer can burn the plant. Water the areas more
than the rest of the lawn to help leech out the extra fertilizer.

True. And the longer the dog holds it in, the more concentrated it
becomes. A dog taking it's first morning leak could burn the grass
whereas going whenever the urge hits may not.

KC

Old 19-07-2007, 02:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

said:

Hi
We babysat my friends dog and everywhere she peed on the grass is
growing like crazy and it is also a darker green in color.
Can anyone tell me what is going on as I was told the grass would die
fron her peeing on it.

The dog's urine is high in ammonia (almost pure nitrogen). Nitrogen is
fertilizer. Too much fertilizer can burn the plant. Water the areas more
than the rest of the lawn to help leech out the extra fertilizer.

True. And the longer the dog holds it in, the more concentrated it
becomes. A dog taking it's first morning leak could burn the grass
whereas going whenever the urge hits may not.

KC

I heard that the sex of the dog can have an effect on the damage it
causes. Any idea?

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com

Old 21-07-2007, 11:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I heard that the sex of the dog can have an effect on the damage it
causes. Any idea?

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com

I think that is mostly because females squat & leave a big puddle,
causing significantly more damage than the males who go around & squirt
a small stream in many different spots

peeing statues Mike Teixeira Ponds 7 05-08-2003 03:12 PM
Peeing Boy Statue Shelly Ponds 0 11-06-2003 01:32 PM
where can i find some peeing boy statues? Jimmy Ponds 46 02-06-2003 04:20 PM
Peeing on Neighbors Yard BiG_Orange Gardening 47 02-06-2003 03:44 PM