Old 19-07-2007, 10:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
rb rb is offline

Default how much water can i add?

I'm going to be doing a fair amount of "borders" type work with sprayer and
weed/grass killer.

My question is how much, in general, can you cut the stuff you get at Lowes,
Home Depot, etc (Roundup, ShootOut, Ortho, etc) with water without losing
much effectiveness? I guess it's a way of asking just how concentrated are
most of those products?

Old 19-07-2007, 11:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

rb said:

I'm going to be doing a fair amount of "borders" type work with sprayer and
weed/grass killer.

My question is how much, in general, can you cut the stuff you get at Lowes,
Home Depot, etc (Roundup, ShootOut, Ortho, etc) with water without losing
much effectiveness? I guess it's a way of asking just how concentrated are
most of those products?

They vary. Read the labels.

--

Eggs

- Listen: Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for
a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate
from the masses, not from some... farcical aquatic ceremony!
Old 20-07-2007, 01:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"rb" wrote:
I'm going to be doing a fair amount of "borders" type work with sprayer
and weed/grass killer.

My question is how much, in general, can you cut the stuff you get at
Lowes, Home Depot, etc (Roundup, ShootOut, Ortho, etc) with water without
losing much effectiveness? I guess it's a way of asking just how
concentrated are most of those products?

You may get away with cutting the water in half or more but the efficacy
might be compromised a tad. Depends on the target.

You have to be careful about bleed too. (into the non-target surrounding
plant material)
Old 20-07-2007, 05:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"rb" wrote in message
I'm going to be doing a fair amount of "borders" type work with sprayer
and weed/grass killer.

My question is how much, in general, can you cut the stuff you get at
Lowes, Home Depot, etc (Roundup, ShootOut, Ortho, etc) with water without
losing much effectiveness? I guess it's a way of asking just how
concentrated are most of those products?

My experience with Roundup in ultra concentrated bottle. Don't water it
down if you have any bermuda grass on the border areas you want eradicated.
Takes more that one round to kill it. So, I guess that what you're trying
to eradicate is also a factor in the question as well.
Dave

Old 20-07-2007, 10:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"rb" wrote in message
I'm going to be doing a fair amount of "borders" type work with sprayer
and weed/grass killer.

My question is how much, in general, can you cut the stuff you get at
Lowes, Home Depot, etc (Roundup, ShootOut, Ortho, etc) with water without
losing much effectiveness? I guess it's a way of asking just how
concentrated are most of those products?

I like Brush B Gone from Ortho

Clark

Old 25-07-2007, 07:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

i think roundup is 17% glyphosate . so 4 0z per gallon gets most grass
and weeds, a stronger mix for vines and such. you can get 41% glyphosate
at southern states or ebay in 2.5 gallon jugs for 50.00 -80.00 . i use 2
0z per gallon of 41% for about everything . but i guess youd have to
experement on useing less than reccomended. lucas

How Much Lime to Add? rw Lawns 6 26-08-2005 11:47 PM
How much of what to add to sawdust Shirley Bollinger Gardening 2 26-10-2004 08:12 PM
How often/much iron do you add? Doug Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-08-2003 04:22 AM
Exactly how much KNO3 to add to tank? cindy Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:17 AM
Water change but Add Nitrate? James Ervin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 18-04-2003 12:56 AM