Old 25-07-2007, 12:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Don't laugh too hard! the mower got borked first time out...

Clark said:

Hi Eggs,

You really think they should replace the deck? (the Sears guy said he's
seen much worse, well what's that say?).

It's brand new!

I really have thought about making a fuss, like bringing in the old and new
blades and the "monster stick" and telling them it says "Satisfaction
guaranteed" on the back of the receipt.

That is *exactly* what I was thinking. The factory blades are pieces of
shit, obviously. That's crappy merchandise, and not worth the price. I'd go
for it.

Kathy thinks we should bring it back too (replacement or)?

She was wrong about the beer. She's right this time.

I have owned allot of mowers over the years and never encountered this type
of problem before.

Nor have I. It's brand new.

The problem I have is I have already "admitted" to mowing something other
than grass and I think they consider that misuse, but

It's brand new. If they won't cover a stick of that size, doing
unacceptable damage, then ****-em. Get *all* of the money back, and buy a
better mower. Dood... it's brand new. There's no excuse. That stick should
never have caused excessive damage.

looking forward to your reply

Ask, and ye shall receive. =)

And, while you're waiting, please d/l and install OEQuotefix. =P

--

Eggs

Do stars clean themselves with meteor showers?
Old 25-07-2007, 01:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

[...]

OK I downloaded and installed Quote fix, (everything else I run is Mozilla),
funny never heard of this software! ( I own and operate a PC repair shop),
I however have not read the documentation.

It's brand new. If they won't cover a stick of that size, doing
unacceptable damage, then ****-em. Get *all* of the money back, and
buy a better mower. Dood... it's brand new. There's no excuse. That
stick should never have caused excessive damage

I think your right.

Clark

Old 25-07-2007, 03:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" ...
Eggs Zachtly :
Clark said:
[...]

Clark, I agree with Eggs. The stick was not a big stick (I have chopped
up _much_ worse on my JD), nothing that should have done this. Also, it
was the bad blade that did the damage to the deck, not the stick. The
blade should have stayed at least reasonably straight. I have hit a lot
of stuff on my semiwooded place, and bent a few blades. They just bend a
little after hitting something that stops them cold. Curving into the
deck and putting a hole in it cannot be tolerated as acceptable.
My US$0.02,
Tomes

Old 25-07-2007, 10:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:

[...]

And, while you're waiting, please d/l and install OEQuotefix. =P

OK I downloaded and installed Quote fix, (everything else I run is Mozilla),
funny never heard of this software! ( I own and operate a PC repair shop),
I however have not read the documentation.

WooHoo! Yes, that's *much* better, thanks!

It's brand new. If they won't cover a stick of that size, doing
unacceptable damage, then ****-em. Get *all* of the money back, and
buy a better mower. Dood... it's brand new. There's no excuse. That
stick should never have caused excessive damage

I think your right.

I'm just saying that's what I'd do, whether it's right or not I dunno. =)
But, I know if I spend that kinda money on a mower, it better be tougher
than one of those kiddie mowers that blow bubbles, and it sounds like this
one isn't/wasn't.

--

Eggs

If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out.
Old 27-03-2010, 10:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark wrote:
OK, here is the story.
I was mowing the lawn, I hit a stick (pine), it bent the right blade
AND the bent blade cut into the mowing deck (about 2.5 inches)
I think this was a freak accident, but??

The Sears guy is coming out to look at it Sat.
I've already pounded the metal back in place, and straighten the
blade enough to mow the rest of the property, it just needs a spot
weld now (oh and at least one blade (or some hammering). Three
hours on the new mower.. ugh
When that blade hit the mowing deck it stopped the engine cold!! (it
started fine and I've run it for about 1 hour so I think it's fine)
"no strange noises"

"The Pics"
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4z1ku2q
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5z5n9mt
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5y9zktd
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4taxzyd
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=62dro0p

anything I should bring up with the Sears Guy?
thanks

Clark

--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

ah seems like yesterday!