GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mystery Foam Growth in Grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/161930-mystery-foam-growth-grass.html)

Mbt6 20-07-2007 04:00 AM

Mystery Foam Growth in Grass

I have this substance that is in my lawn, in a few places. In the past, I
have seen a spot or two, this week about 5. It starts like a yellow foam,
then turns into a clump of yellow "stuff". I've taken a few photos....any
idea what this is.

http://xigiff.smugmug.com/Other

Eggs Zachtly 20-07-2007 10:44 AM

Lar said:

Mbt6 wrote:
I have this substance that is in my lawn, in a few places. In the past, I
have seen a spot or two, this week about 5. It starts like a yellow foam,
then turns into a clump of yellow "stuff". I've taken a few photos....any
idea what this is.

http://xigiff.smugmug.com/Other

Slime mold.

Specifically, Physarum polycephalum. It's actually a single cell, with
millions of nuclei. It'll turn brown in a couple days, and any disturbance
will release a cloud of spores. Unsightly, but harmless. =)

--

Eggs

Can I yell MOVIE in a crowded firehouse?