Old 25-07-2007, 05:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Anyone know....

.... a website that cross references plants-to-herbicides? I want to
find which herbicides controls/kills those really tough plants like
Virginia creeper, greenbriar, nutsedge, etc. Surely someone out there
has a database that shows that info. (Don't you hate those products
that give all their information sealed under the label, so you have to
buy it before you see if it will work or not?)

Red

Old 25-07-2007, 08:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Stubby wrote:
Try the obvious: www.ortho.com . They publish the giant
dictionary of plants and diseases that many garden centers have.

"Red" wrote in message
ups.com...
... a website that cross references plants-to-herbicides? I want to
find which herbicides controls/kills those really tough plants like
Virginia creeper, greenbriar, nutsedge, etc. Surely someone out there
has a database that shows that info. (Don't you hate those products
that give all their information sealed under the label, so you have
to buy it before you see if it will work or not?)

Red

You are so right. They helpped me in getting rid of my banana trees.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Old 26-07-2007, 01:14 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jul 25, 12:38 pm, "Stubby"
wrote:
Try the obvious: www.ortho.com . They publish the giant dictionary of
plants and diseases that many garden centers have.

Naw, that's not what I'm looking for. They only list Ortho products
and while I have nothing per se against Ortho, they primarily target
the homeowner market. I'm looking for the strong stuff from all
manufacturers. For example, Ortho does not list a product that will
kill nutsedge. They have something that will kill back the tops but
does not affect the nut underground. I know there are special
products out there aimed at special plants and that's what I'm looking
for.

Red

Old 26-07-2007, 02:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Lar Lar is offline

Red wrote:

... a website that cross references plants-to-herbicides? I want to
find which herbicides controls/kills those really tough plants like
Virginia creeper, greenbriar, nutsedge, etc. Surely someone out there
has a database that shows that info. (Don't you hate those products
that give all their information sealed under the label, so you have to
buy it before you see if it will work or not?)

Red

maybe? http://www.greensmiths.com/herbicides.htm

Lar

Old 26-07-2007, 04:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

http://www.turf.uiuc.edu/weed_web/index.htm
http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/pmg/index.html
Old 27-07-2007, 07:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jul 26, 10:34 am, Doug G wrote:
Red wrote:
... a website that cross references plants-to-herbicides? I want to
find which herbicides controls/kills those really tough plants like
Virginia creeper, greenbriar, nutsedge, etc. Surely someone out there
has a database that shows that info. (Don't you hate those products
that give all their information sealed under the label, so you have to
buy it before you see if it will work or not?)

Red

http://www.turf.uiuc.edu/weed_web/in...pmg/index.html

The VT data is better than anything I've found yet.
Thanks a lot.

Red