Old 03-08-2007, 05:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Removing small roots from lawn

jeffc said:

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
jeffc said:

For crissakes people, yes I know what roots are for. If you don't want
answer the question, don't answer, but this is pretty annoying.

Your question was answered. I also gave you an alternative solution, which
would be more beneficial to your lawn, as well as your trees. Apparently,
you missed it (or you're determined to damage your trees).

No, I don't need a lawn vac because pine needles aren't a problem.

Sure they are. You just don't understand chemistry. That's cool. =)

I don't
need compost because the grass I'm transplanting comes with 3" of it's own
"compost" - it's healthy grass with enough dirt underneath transplanted with
it.

Ok. Then why do you need to cut the roots? You should be able to just lay
the sod right over them. It's the lesser of the two evils. You don't
understand trees, either.

This tactic has worked fine for me whenever I've tried it, and no it's
not "magic" grass

No shit? I was being facetious.

and no the transplanted grass doesn't "suffer the same fate".

It will, if you don't get a grip on the acidity. Of course, the falling
tree could do more damage than the acid, I'll give ya that.

--

Eggs

-I started out with nothing... I still have most of it.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jeffc said:

[...]

He's determined to do it "his way" and he doesn't want to hear that it's
not good for the tree to cut the feeder roots or that the grass will
probably die anyway. He just wants to know of an easy way to do it.
Jeffc. Go rent a sidewalk edger. cut the roots in the pattern you want
and then use the sod cutter to lift the feeder roots in sections. Then
put down your sod and watch the grass and trees die.
I've never done this but I'm sure it will work.

Why do people have nice trees and then insist on killing them because
they don't like what nature does?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
I don't
need compost because the grass I'm transplanting comes with 3" of it's
own
"compost" - it's healthy grass with enough dirt underneath transplanted
with
it.

Ok. Then why do you need to cut the roots? You should be able to just lay
the sod right over them. It's the lesser of the two evils. You don't
understand trees, either.

Because the grass sod coming in has 4 inches of dirt with it, and I can't
dig out 4" of dirt with the roots there. Do you understand how to
transplant healthy grass?

and no the transplanted grass doesn't "suffer the same fate".

It will, if you don't get a grip on the acidity. Of course, the falling
tree could do more damage than the acid, I'll give ya that.

No, it won't. Been working for years. You act like pine needles fall in
one little 4 foot square on the lawn and magically avoid the rest. Frankly,
you don't seem too bright.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"richard fiser" wrote in message

Why do people have nice trees and then insist on killing them because they
don't like what nature does?

It's called "landscaping". Check it out sometime.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jeffc wrote:
"richard fiser" wrote in message
Why do people have nice trees and then insist on killing them because they
don't like what nature does?

It's called "landscaping". Check it out sometime.

Well, you seem to already know all the answers. Why bring it here?

Old 07-08-2007, 10:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jeffc said:

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
I don't
need compost because the grass I'm transplanting comes with 3" of it's
own
"compost" - it's healthy grass with enough dirt underneath transplanted
with
it.

Ok. Then why do you need to cut the roots? You should be able to just lay
the sod right over them. It's the lesser of the two evils. You don't
understand trees, either.

Because the grass sod coming in has 4 inches of dirt with it, and I can't
dig out 4" of dirt with the roots there. Do you understand how to
transplant healthy grass?

I've probably laid more sod, in the past year, than you've laid in your
entire life. I've never seen a sod farm pull 4" of soil on either a "big
roll" or a pallet. Never. As in not one time. Sound's like *you're* the one
that doesn't know how to 'transplant healthy grass'.

and no the transplanted grass doesn't "suffer the same fate".

It will, if you don't get a grip on the acidity. Of course, the falling
tree could do more damage than the acid, I'll give ya that.

No, it won't. Been working for years.

Apparently not, if you're replacing sections of thinning sod.

You act like pine needles fall in one little 4 foot square on the lawn
and magically avoid the rest.

You act like bent's kid. Are you related?

Frankly, you don't seem too bright.

Maybe I'm not. *shrug* But, at least I understand the interactions and
reactions of different flora. That's quite a bit more than can be said for
yourself.

--
Eggs

-If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jeffc said:

"richard fiser" wrote in message

Why do people have nice trees and then insist on killing them because they
don't like what nature does?

It's called "landscaping". Check it out sometime.

No, it's not. It's called ****-poor planning. "Landscaping" would entail
mulching the trees out to their driplines. This would be the end of the
dying and thinning grass problems, due to the pH of the soil being off, for
the proper environment for the sod. But, I'm sure your trailer will look
just fine with the grass around the dying trees. =)

--

Eggs

-A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says: "A
beer please, and one for the road."
Old 07-08-2007, 10:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

jeffc wrote:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
I don't
need compost because the grass I'm transplanting comes with 3" of it's
own
"compost" - it's healthy grass with enough dirt underneath transplanted
with
it.

Ok. Then why do you need to cut the roots? You should be able to just lay
the sod right over them. It's the lesser of the two evils. You don't
understand trees, either.

Because the grass sod coming in has 4 inches of dirt with it, and I can't
dig out 4" of dirt with the roots there. Do you understand how to
transplant healthy grass?

how long could a sod Farm continue as a sod Farm if
they actually delivered sod with 4" of dirt attached?

and no the transplanted grass doesn't "suffer the same fate".

It will, if you don't get a grip on the acidity. Of course, the falling
tree could do more damage than the acid, I'll give ya that.

No, it won't. Been working for years. You act like pine needles fall in
one little 4 foot square on the lawn and magically avoid the rest. Frankly,
you don't seem too bright.

I been reading Eggs for over a year and he is one of the
very few posting in this group who actually displays an
in-depth understanding for plant life.

you jeffc on the other hand, well, thanks for the entertainment.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Why do people have nice trees and then insist on killing them because
they
don't like what nature does?

It's called "landscaping". Check it out sometime.

No, it's not. It's called ****-poor planning. "Landscaping" would entail
mulching the trees out to their driplines. This would be the end of the
dying and thinning grass problems, due to the pH of the soil being off,
for
the proper environment for the sod.

You don't have a clue my friend. You didn't listen to a word I said and you
have no idea what I'm talking about. You only want to say what your
preconceived ideas are that fit your limited experience. Just stay out of
the conversation next time.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message

Because the grass sod coming in has 4 inches of dirt with it, and I can't
dig out 4" of dirt with the roots there. Do you understand how to
transplant healthy grass?

I've probably laid more sod, in the past year, than you've laid in your
entire life. I've never seen a sod farm pull 4" of soil on either a "big
roll" or a pallet. Never. As in not one time. Sound's like *you're* the
one
that doesn't know how to 'transplant healthy grass'.

I'm not a sod farm idiot. Sod farms don't transplant 4" of soil. I do. It
captures
1) more "topsoil"
2) more healthy root of established grass

I'm not transplanting rolls of sod, I'm transplanting small chunks by the
shovel full to patch small areas.

Frankly, you don't seem too bright.

Maybe I'm not. *shrug*

You're not. And you're close minded and presumptuous as well.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Jim" wrote in message

Because the grass sod coming in has 4 inches of dirt with it, and I can't
dig out 4" of dirt with the roots there. Do you understand how to
transplant healthy grass?

how long could a sod Farm continue as a sod Farm if
they actually delivered sod with 4" of dirt attached?

I'm not a sod farm and I don't have to follow their rules. The more dirt
you transplant with the healthy grass the better, especially since the soil
is better than the soil it's replacing. Obviously they don't do it that way
with sod farms. If you'd been paying attention, you'd understand the
difference between what I'm trying to do and what a sod farm does. Use your
head.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:56 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

jeffc wrote:

Jim wrote:

Because the grass sod coming in has 4 inches of dirt with it, and I can't
dig out 4" of dirt with the roots there. Do you understand how to
transplant healthy grass?

how long could a sod Farm continue as a sod Farm if
they actually delivered sod with 4" of dirt attached?

I'm not a sod farm and I don't have to follow their rules. The more dirt
you transplant with the healthy grass the better, especially since the soil
is better than the soil it's replacing. Obviously they don't do it that way
with sod farms. If you'd been paying attention, you'd understand the
difference between what I'm trying to do and what a sod farm does. Use your
head.

your word selection of "Because the grass sod coming in"
implies you are receiving a shipment of sod.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jeffc said:

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Why do people have nice trees and then insist on killing them because
they
don't like what nature does?

It's called "landscaping". Check it out sometime.

No, it's not. It's called ****-poor planning. "Landscaping" would entail
mulching the trees out to their driplines. This would be the end of the
dying and thinning grass problems, due to the pH of the soil being off,
for
the proper environment for the sod.

You don't have a clue my friend.

I have much more of a clue than you do, which becomes more obvious with
each post you make. Keep entertaining us, please.

You didn't listen to a word I said and you
have no idea what I'm talking about.

Oh, I've listened, with great amusement, to the fact that *you* have no
idea what you're talking about. Again, this becomes more obvious with each
post you make.

You only want to say what your preconceived ideas are that fit your
limited experience.

My 'preconceived ideas' follow industry standards. Your 'preconceived
ideas' begin and end in your own little, feeble mind. Your lack of
experience with flora showed with your OP, and continues to show each time
you hit the send button.

Just stay out of the conversation next time.

If you want me 'out of the conversation', killfile me. Otherwise, kiss my
ass. I'll be in the conversation as long as you keep spewing drivel.

--

Eggs

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jeffc said:

I'm not a sod farm idiot.

No, you're right. You're not an sod farm idiot. You're just an idiot.

Sod farms don't transplant 4" of soil. I do. It captures
1) more "topsoil"
2) more healthy root of established grass

I'm not transplanting rolls of sod, I'm transplanting small chunks by the
shovel full to patch small areas.

Frankly, you don't seem too bright.

Maybe I'm not. *shrug*

You're not. And you're close minded and presumptuous as well.

No, that would be you. How many people have responded, agreeing with your
method? How many have responded, telling you that your method is incorrect?

Case closed. *You're* the closed minded, presumptuous idiot, not me.

--

Eggs

Is Marx's tomb a communist plot?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:51 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message

If you want me 'out of the conversation', killfile me. Otherwise, kiss my
ass. I'll be in the conversation as long as you keep spewing drivel.

No clue whatsoever what the hell I'm talking about. Keep assuming, and
posting bullshit.