Old 09-08-2007, 06:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Removing small roots from lawn

"Jim" wrote in message

Because the grass sod coming in has 4 inches of dirt with it, and I
can't
dig out 4" of dirt with the roots there. Do you understand how to
transplant healthy grass?

how long could a sod Farm continue as a sod Farm if
they actually delivered sod with 4" of dirt attached?

I'm not a sod farm and I don't have to follow their rules. The more dirt
you transplant with the healthy grass the better, especially since the
soil
is better than the soil it's replacing. Obviously they don't do it that
way
with sod farms. If you'd been paying attention, you'd understand the
difference between what I'm trying to do and what a sod farm does. Use
your
head.

your word selection of "Because the grass sod coming in"
implies you are receiving a shipment of sod.

No, it doesn't. Nice try, but you're clueless too.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message

You're not. And you're close minded and presumptuous as well.

No, that would be you. How many people have responded, agreeing with your
method? How many have responded, telling you that your method is
incorrect?

Case closed. *You're* the closed minded, presumptuous idiot, not me.

You got out of your book learning and comfort so fast you have no chance of
thinking on your feet. You have basically no idea of the situation. Keep
spouting your canned BS though, you talk a good game.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jeffc wrote:
"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
You're not. And you're close minded and presumptuous as well.

No, that would be you. How many people have responded, agreeing with your
method? How many have responded, telling you that your method is
incorrect?

Case closed. *You're* the closed minded, presumptuous idiot, not me.

You got out of your book learning and comfort so fast you have no chance of
thinking on your feet. You have basically no idea of the situation. Keep
spouting your canned BS though, you talk a good game.

Hey jackass. Why don't you tell us what the answer to your troll
question is? When someone asks a question and then starts an argument
about the answer he gets, he is obviously a troll. And trolls can be
very entertaining.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"richard fiser" wrote in message

Hey jackass. Why don't you tell us what the answer to your troll question
is?

I got good suggestions, and I said thanks for them. The actual trolls are
Egghead and Dick. They had no interest in answering my question, just in
telling me I was an idiot for asking.

The reciprocating saw worked fine, by the way.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"jeffc" wrote:
"richard fiser" wrote in message

Hey jackass. Why don't you tell us what the answer to your troll
question is?

I got good suggestions, and I said thanks for them. The actual trolls
are Egghead and Dick. They had no interest in answering my question,
just in telling me I was an idiot for asking.

The reciprocating saw worked fine, by the way.

Hello Jeff

Eggs is one of the better posters in here, maybe it was just a
mis-understanding between everyone.

One thing is for certain, Eggs isn't a troll.

Have a good weekend and good luck with your project.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message

No need to defend me. They wanted a way to damage their tree (and haven't
cloo how to lay/transplant sod). I wouldn't give it to them. It ****ed
them
off. Too ****in' bad (for the tree, and the sod).

If you think the way turf farms do it is actually the best way, you're nuts.
They do it the way they do it because it's practical and economically
feasible, not because it's ideal. I'm transplanting top soil as well as
dirt, to spotty areas with poor top soil. It's obvious to everyone except
the guy with a big ego investment after his blustery "contributions" to this
thread.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:56 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:
No need to defend me.

OK
Old 11-08-2007, 04:04 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jeffc wrote:
"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
No need to defend me. They wanted a way to damage their tree (and haven't
cloo how to lay/transplant sod). I wouldn't give it to them. It ****ed
them
off. Too ****in' bad (for the tree, and the sod).

If you think the way turf farms do it is actually the best way, you're nuts.
They do it the way they do it because it's practical and economically
feasible, not because it's ideal. I'm transplanting top soil as well as
dirt, to spotty areas with poor top soil. It's obvious to everyone except
the guy with a big ego investment after his blustery "contributions" to this
thread.

Actually this wasn't about turf or how much topsoil you are replacing.
It was about cutting and removing feeder roots from a healthy tree. The
one point that was never touched on was how large of an area are you
talking about and how many roots are you removing. If you are removing a
few spots, say 2 ft by 2 ft, you might get away with it. If you are
talking about removing the roots from half the canopy area, you are
looking at killing the tree.
The point is that, no matter how you do it, eventually you will have an
area of dead grass and a dead tree. But it's your grass and your tree.
Do what you like.
You don't get the answer you want, then don't ask the question. Bye bye.
I'm done with you. *Plonk*
Old 11-08-2007, 04:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steveo said:

"jeffc" wrote:
"richard fiser" wrote in message

Hey jackass. Why don't you tell us what the answer to your troll
question is?

I got good suggestions, and I said thanks for them. The actual trolls
are Egghead and Dick. They had no interest in answering my question,
just in telling me I was an idiot for asking.

The reciprocating saw worked fine, by the way.

Hello Jeff

Eggs is one of the better posters in here, maybe it was just a
mis-understanding between everyone.

One thing is for certain, Eggs isn't a troll.

Have a good weekend and good luck with your project.

No need to defend me. They wanted a way to damage their tree (and haven't a

--

Eggs

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Actually this wasn't about turf or how much topsoil you are replacing. It
was about cutting and removing feeder roots from a healthy tree.

Exactly. So why did he make it that?

The one point that was never touched on was how large of an area are you
talking about and how many roots are you removing. If you are removing a
few spots, say 2 ft by 2 ft, you might get away with it.

It was "touched upon" in my very first post, to wit:
"several feet square"
You don't get the answer you want, then don't ask the question.

It wasn't that I didn't get an answer I liked, it's that he didn't answer
the question I asked. He answered the question he wanted to sound like a
know-it-all about.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:58 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"jeffc" wrote:
Exactly. So why did he make it that?

Boo Hoo.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
"jeffc" wrote:
Exactly. So why did he make it that?

Boo Hoo.

WTF are you talking about? You're the one who brought it up Einstein.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"jeffc" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"jeffc" wrote:
Exactly. So why did he make it that?

Boo Hoo.

WTF are you talking about?

You whine too much.

You're the one who brought it up Einstein.

You really are a clueless ****nut, jeff.

plonk
Old 11-08-2007, 05:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message

You're the one who brought it up Einstein.

You really are a clueless ****nut, jeff.

plonk

Yeah right. You're reading every post, and you know it.