Old 01-08-2007, 03:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Dark Green Grass Circles in Lawn - WHY?

I have a very strange problem regarding my lawn that has perplexed me
and my wife as well as my neighbors. Specifically, in recent weeks,
our lawn has developed bright green circles of grass amidst the lesser
green grass. From a distance, it appears that our lawn has the
'mumps.' The greener grass in the circles is higher and evidently is
growing faster than the less green grass that surrounds all of these
circles. The dark green circles of grass, and there are many, many of
them, are all approximately a foot+- in diameter and are spaced
anywhere from one foot to two feet from another circle or circles.

The strange things:

These dark green grass circles almost stop where both of my neighbor's
lawns begin on both property lines (no fences).

All lawns on our block are maintained and cut by the same lawn
service. We do have a female dog but she rarely, if ever, goes on our
lawn. She usually does her business in other places when I walk her.
There are just two many green grass circles to have one dog
responsible for this. None of my immediate neighbors have a dog.

I have not given our lawn any fertilizer or other treatments. Our lawn
service does this.

Does anyone have an idea what these dark green grass circles may be
and what may be causing them? Are my wife and I living in a vortex?

Any thoughts or answers will be appreciated...........

Tx,

Mark Z.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

There was a tree there years ago.They call it angle circles I think.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 01-08-2007, 08:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Mark Z." wrote:
[...]

Do you also have toad stools in those areas, and does it look anything like
this? (fairy ring)

http://tinyurl.com/34vanv
Old 02-08-2007, 07:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Mark Z." wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

If they are rings, there is a fungus that does this. The rings will get larger
over time.

If they are just spots, up to maybe a foot in diameter, it is probably from your
dogs urine.

Bob

Old 10-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered User

Location: Surrey

What you have is a type 2 Fairy Ring. See this technical leaflet which will help you out. http://www.lawntreatment.co.uk/cgi-s...ry%20Rings.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Z. View Post
[...]

Plantng Row of Shrubs, Bed or Circles? Cameron Gardening 1 25-04-2007 02:24 AM
Plantng Row of Shrubs, Bed or Circles? Cameron Texas 1 24-04-2007 04:52 AM
Plantng Row of Shrubs, Bed or Circles? Cameron Texas 0 23-04-2007 07:27 PM
Brown patches (not circles) Rix Lawns 5 30-06-2005 01:47 PM
Corn patch made into crop circles Chris Edible Gardening 5 29-07-2003 03:22 PM