Old 04-08-2007, 01:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default DR field and brush

Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years but I
really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods roads - I'm
guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years but I
really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods roads - I'm
guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

I remember that commercial but I haven't seen it lately, what do/did they
sell for new?
Old 04-08-2007, 02:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years but I
really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods roads - I'm
guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

I remember that commercial but I haven't seen it lately, what do/did they
sell for new?

Various models - an 18hp goes for about $2600. I see one used for $1200 or
bo. I'll probably call this weekend.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Steveo wrote:

Srgnt Billko wrote:
Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years but I
really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods roads - I'm
guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

I remember that commercial but I haven't seen it lately, what do/did they
sell for new?

http://drpower.com/

their home page

http://drpower.com/TwoStepCategory.a...Machines-_-FAB

Field and Brush page

http://www.drpower.com/TwoStepModels...tep&LinkType=3

models and prices page

I bought their 13hp chipper for my tree service operation.
anything over 4.5 inches is actually firewood and is
incorporated as raw material into my firewood operation.
their chipper actually works very well. the only issue I
have with the down chute model is you have to make sure to
clear the chip pile every so often or you'll get one heck
of a backup. my issue is no fault of the operation and
function of the machine, it has more to do with the operator
not paying attention to the chip pile reaching the chute
and stopping the out flow..
Old 04-08-2007, 03:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years but
I really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods roads -
I'm guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

I remember that commercial but I haven't seen it lately, what do/did
they sell for new?

Various models - an 18hp goes for about $2600. I see one used for $1200
or bo. I'll probably call this weekend.

Heck yeah if you need one, that seems fair running well.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years
but I really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods
roads - I'm guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

No no no, you want a Craftsman DYS 4500 lawn tractor to clear that out, oh
wait you might hit a dandelion and bend a blade, nevermind.

Clark

Old 04-08-2007, 02:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years
but I really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods
roads - I'm guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

No no no, you want a Craftsman DYS 4500 lawn tractor to clear that out,
oh wait you might hit a dandelion and bend a blade, nevermind.

Clark

Good to see ya still got the sense of humor.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 8/3/2007 8:24 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:
Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years but I
really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods roads - I'm
guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

How often do you think you would have to trim brush along your woods roads?
How about a rental?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 04-08-2007, 07:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" wrote in message
on 8/3/2007 8:24 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:
Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years but I
really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods roads - I'm
guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

How often do you think you would have to trim brush along your woods
roads?
How about a rental?
Bill

Funny you should ask. I was at a Simplicity dealer an hour ago. Their
similar machine is $85 per day - and I would need it for a whole day. I
said just along the woods road but there are a few other spots I would use
it also.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 8/4/2007 2:28 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:
"willshak" wrote in message

on 8/3/2007 8:24 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:

Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years but I
really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods roads - I'm
guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

How often do you think you would have to trim brush along your woods
roads?
How about a rental?
Bill

Funny you should ask. I was at a Simplicity dealer an hour ago. Their
similar machine is $85 per day - and I would need it for a whole day. I
said just along the woods road but there are a few other spots I would use
it also.

I saw those commercials and they were just cutting high grass and weeds.
I figured it was only needed once. After that, a good mower could take
care of it on a regular basis.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Old 04-08-2007, 09:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" wrote in message

[...]

High grass and weeds I have no problem with my old (70's) Cub Cadet - but
there is a lot of brush 1/2 to 3/4 dia along both sides that I would like to
cut back. Of course, ideally, it should all come out with the roots but

Old 04-08-2007, 10:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko said:

"willshak" wrote in message
on 8/3/2007 8:24 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:
Guess I am looking for one used. They've appealed to me for years but I
really couldn't justify. Now I need to trim along my woods roads - I'm
guessing about 800' - so the hunt is on.

How often do you think you would have to trim brush along your woods
roads?
How about a rental?
Bill

Funny you should ask. I was at a Simplicity dealer an hour ago. Their
similar machine is $85 per day - and I would need it for a whole day. I
said just along the woods road but there are a few other spots I would use
it also.

Kinda like when ya buy a power washer to clean the house. Then you notice
what it does for concrete. Then you notice they make a car soap for the
machine, so you do all of your vehicles. Then you run outta things to
blast, and depression sets in. Ya, it's prolly best to rent that brush
cutter so you don't get severly depressed. =)

--

Eggs

A: Top-posters.
Q: What is the most annoying thing in newsgroups?
Old 04-08-2007, 11:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko said:

"willshak" wrote in message
[...]

If I feed the homeless, love my neighbors and speak for world peace - do you
think I could take it with me ?