GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Which order to do things? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/162763-order-do-things.html)

gooner 07-08-2007 09:10 AM

Which order to do things?

Hi

This Autumn I want to "go over" my rear lawn, to get it looking it's best.

I want to:

Scarify it
Aerate it
Topdress it
Overseed it

Which order do I do these things in. Do I topdress then overseed or vice-versa?

Thanks

gooner 07-08-2007 09:19 AM

EDIT: And I wish to Feed it. Again... which order?

Weedy 10-08-2007 12:37 PM

Mow really short
Scarify in two directions but not at right angles
Aerate
Fertilise
Over Seed
Top Dress
Lute in

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooner (Post 737174)