Old 07-08-2007, 08:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Wheelhorse cut some brush

Couldn't wait for a DR field and brush. Really didn't want to use my "good"
Wheelhorse (520H the last year before Toro took over) - but I don't have
decks on the heavy old Cub Cadets or Sears Suburbans so I gave it a go. I
was careful to avoid the heavy brush (1/2" and bigger) but the smaller ones
and brambles, etc got chewed up pretty good. I was thinking of Clark as the
3/4" pieces of broken branches went flying in a cloud of dust LOL. When I
get a chance I'll make a pass through with a tractor and chains and pull
some of the bigger stuff right out.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
Couldn't wait for a DR field and brush. Really didn't want to use my
"good" Wheelhorse (520H the last year before Toro took over) - but I
don't have decks on the heavy old Cub Cadets or Sears Suburbans so I
gave it a go. I was careful to avoid the heavy brush (1/2" and
bigger) but the smaller ones and brambles, etc got chewed up pretty
good. I was thinking of Clark as the 3/4" pieces of broken branches
went flying in a cloud of dust LOL. When I get a chance I'll make a
pass through with a tractor and chains and pull some of the bigger
stuff right out.

Actually Srgnt, my little Toro takes care of that kinda stuff too, even
with a dull blade, worst thing that happens is I jump a belt.
(In the middle of a poison ivy patch) yea my luck.

I have much higher hopes for the DYS 4500 with the "new" blades as I have
mowed over a Tiger Lilly with much success, (well it nearly threw me from my
seat but I didn't stall it)! :-)

Clark

Old 07-08-2007, 09:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
[...]

Hey - there ya go. I think the problem was you should have gotten the DYS
4500 "A".
Good luck Bud.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
[...]

I don't have a tractor yet, I throw the Jeep Grand Cherokee in Low 4wd and
take my foot off the brake :-)

Clark

Old 08-08-2007, 12:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
[...]

Great minds ... I just pulled my Cherokee in the yard with landscape
trailer and JD 110 in tow. The Cherokee has been up the woods roads most
days this past couple weeks helping me build a 10 by 12 shed. That's why I
wanted to widen the road.