Old 18-08-2007, 02:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Fescue and allergies

Is it generally true that Fescue is the source of many allergies people have
in Summer? I asked here recently about replanting and overseeding my sun
drenched lawn and the response I got back was "fescue". Now I'm wondering
if in doing that I'm going to be feeding my hay fever during the summer.

Old 18-08-2007, 04:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eigenvector said:

Is it generally true that Fescue is the source of many allergies people have
in Summer? I asked here recently about replanting and overseeding my sun
drenched lawn and the response I got back was "fescue". Now I'm wondering
if in doing that I'm going to be feeding my hay fever during the summer.

bent? Is that yoo?

--

Eggs

To a worm, digging in the hard ground is more relaxing than going fishing.
Old 19-08-2007, 03:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
Is it generally true that Fescue is the source of many allergies people
have in Summer? I asked here recently about replanting and overseeding my
sun drenched lawn and the response I got back was "fescue". Now I'm
wondering if in doing that I'm going to be feeding my hay fever during the
summer.

It isn't the grass, it is the pollen. We have a dog that has terrible
allergy problems. After allergy tests ($$), it was determined that fescue
and bermuda pollen are two of her biggest sensitivities.

Not much you can do to eliminate the problem, given that airborne grass
pollen travels a long way.

So, to answer your question... I dunno if it is "generally" true that fescue
is the source of many allergies, but it IS a source for some allergies.

KB

Old 22-08-2007, 01:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Quote: Eigenvector wrote on Fri, 17 August 2007 20:31
Is it generally true that Fescue is the source of many allergies people have
in Summer? I asked here recently about replanting and overseeding my sun
drenched lawn and the response I got back was "fescue". Now I'm wondering
if in doing that I'm going to be feeding my hay fever during the summer.

I don't know how big your lawn is but unless your in the middle of 40 acres I guess your allergies are going to be more impacted by all the land around you rather than just your yard (assuming it's an airborne problem and not just physical contact).

And I think most airborne allergies come from the pollen which I guess doesn't get real bad unless the grass goes to seed. - I'm just guessing on that point

--
Richard Thoms
President - Top Service Pros, Inc.