Old 06-12-2002, 07:19 AM
Ken Shelton

Default Weedthrasher

Pam,

I owned a rental and repair shop for 12 years and have not seen these
attachments cause problems, If the Stihl FS-51AVE is a straight shaft it
should be plenty strong enough to carry this attachment.

The curved shaft units have a spring type flexible shaft and can be damaged,
the trick is to keep the rpm's up and it should still work fine.

The attachments with the plastic blades are defiantly better on curved shaft
units then metal blades. They work really well but wear fast against cement
or chain link fences.

I will have some of these attachments posted on My e-bay store soon, and
would be glad to get more info for you on your particular model if you like,
just drop me an e-mail.

Ken Shelton

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=8825968

" Pam" wrote in message
I saw an ad for the as-seen-on-tv weedthrasher that replaces the line in a
string trimmer with blades. The ad says that it fits most gas trimmers.
Have any of you had any experience with this product? I have a Stihl
FS-51AVE gas trimmer and was wondering if the weedthrasher would fit it.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Pam
Please reply to group only.

Old 07-12-2002, 02:24 AM
no-one

well then the shop you worked at was lucky I seen more then 1 unit(the
motor) ruin from over speeding as a direct result of putting those blades
on.

Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
no-one