GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Just curious about HVAC (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/163860-just-curious-about-hvac.html)

Herb and Eneva 24-08-2007 11:28 AM

Just curious about HVAC

venting

Bob 24-08-2007 11:41 AM

Just curious about HVAC

A rather dumb question, I admit, but I am curious as to what "HVAC"
letters
actually stand for.

I can guess / assume the "H" is for heating, heat, heater, etc;
the "AC" is for Air Conditioning.

Just can't figure out what the "V" means, and I am curious.

Thanks, Bob-tx

Willshak 24-08-2007 01:07 PM

Just curious about HVAC

on 8/24/2007 6:41 AM Bob said the following:
A rather dumb question, I admit, but I am curious as to what "HVAC"
letters
actually stand for.

I can guess / assume the "H" is for heating, heat, heater, etc;
the "AC" is for Air Conditioning.

Just can't figure out what the "V" means, and I am curious.

Thanks, Bob-tx

Vent

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Dave 25-08-2007 05:24 AM

Just curious about HVAC

"Bob" wrote in message
A rather dumb question, I admit, but I am curious as to what "HVAC" letters
actually stand for.

I can guess / assume the "H" is for heating, heat, heater, etc;
the "AC" is for Air Conditioning.

Just can't figure out what the "V" means, and I am curious.

Thanks, Bob-tx

HVAC
Heating, ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
BTU
British Thermal Unit
KW/H
Kilowatts per hour