Old 13-09-2007, 12:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

Default Yard-Man Belt for self-propelled mower

"valvejob" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 18:34:56 -0500, valvejob
wrote:

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3
hours of
service.

snip

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it
vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or
taking it in for warrany repait.
Bob-tx

Old 14-09-2007, 12:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3
hours of
service.

snip

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it
vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or
taking it in for warrany repait.
Bob-tx

That's what I've been saying.
Old 14-09-2007, 01:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Bob wrote:
snip

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it
vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or
taking it in for warrany repait.
Bob-tx

The op said -
Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups

--
Art
Old 14-09-2007, 10:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Art wrote:
Bob wrote:
snip

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it
vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or
taking it in for warrany repait.
Bob-tx

The op said -
Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups

Does that mean no warranty.
Old 14-09-2007, 10:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Art wrote:
Bob wrote:
snip

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it
vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or
taking it in for warrany repait.
Bob-tx

The op said -
Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups

Does that mean no warranty?

Old 18-09-2007, 08:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:44:40 -0400, Art

Art wrote:
Bob wrote:
snip

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it
vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or
taking it in for warrany repait.
Bob-tx

The op said -
Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups

Does that mean no warranty?

It means he can't "take it back to the store". It means that finding a
warranty center and/or shipping it somewhere may be more trouble than
fixing it himself.

Very good Art. You are right. Too much trouble.

I replaced the belt and it is ok for now. I suppose if I made an
attempt, that Amazon would hook me up with some guy in Houston that
would handle the warranty. But that's a lot of trouble and I actually
like to fiddle with stuff like that. Just like my HDTV I ordered
online, the sale notice said they do NOT accept returns.

However, I have window air conditioner that I paid nearly $250 for
that is noisy and had been damaged and repaired when I received it
from J&R company. I paid extra to get the 'ultra quiet' and they
sent me the 'ultra noisy' one. *******s!.
Again, the trouble you have to go thru to return or get an item fixed
sucks. That's why I try to buy locally even if I have to pay sales
tax and sometimes 10 % more.

The break was jagged and the belt number has changed since the manual
was written. I think they went to a heavier duty belt.

Now to find a source for wheels before they change the design....

..

Old 06-10-2007, 10:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 10/6/2007 5:08 PM, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
[top-posting fixed]

larry said:

wrote in message news:IbsGi.101654$Fc.66339@attbi_s21...
Art wrote:
Bob wrote:
snip

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it
vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or taking
it in for warrany repait.
Bob-tx

The op said -
Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups

Does that mean no warranty?

b&s intek engine .goverener quit working ..why ?

Probably because you top-post, and hijack threads.

You always seem to give me a grin, Eggs. Ever since I upgraded to TB2
my Usenet viewing is restricted to three vertical panes until I hide the
folder pane. As a result the subject and sender columns (among others)
get truncated. Here is what I saw:

Yard-Ma... larry 10/5/...
Yard-... Eggs... 5:08 ...

And you know, somehow I knew it was about changing subjects (and not
changing sigs).

Thanks for the grin. I needed that today. :-)
--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by
doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default OT- Yard-Man Belt for self-propelled mower -hijacking

Art wrote:
Bob wrote:
[...]

Sumpin else that just hit me after lookin' at another group. I don't
guess we can do anything about whole newsGROUPS gettin' hijacked. I
think that's where most of the top posts come from. :-( No joy from GG.

--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but
I got back here as soon as I could

Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

[top-posting fixed]

Art wrote:
Bob wrote:
snip

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it
vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or taking
it in for warrany repait.
Bob-tx

The op said -
Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups

Does that mean no warranty?

b&s intek engine .goverener quit working ..why ?

Probably because you top-post, and hijack threads.

--

Eggs

If James Bond was an Amish spy, he would drink buttermilk. Shaken not
churned.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Art wrote:
Bob wrote:
[...]

Just killfile G2 by default, then upscore the few that are worth reading.
Works here, without a hitch.

--

Eggs

-Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he
will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.