Old 03-09-2007, 01:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Yard-Man Belt for self-propelled mower

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101
================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

Old 03-09-2007, 04:14 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"valvejob" wrote in message

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101
================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

NAPA - and take the sulky off it and walk behind it.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

valvejob said:

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

[...]

Where do I get a new belt

Did you try an auto parts store?

and why did it break?

Any 10" sticks lying around? =D

--

Eggs

Not only is life a bitch, it has puppies.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

valvejob wrote:
My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101
================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

warranty. could be that the belt was just defective.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"valvejob" wrote in message

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101
================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

NAPA - and take the sulky off it and walk behind it.

maybe he hit a 10" stick?

Clark.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"valvejob" wrote in message

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101
================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

NAPA - and take the sulky off it and walk behind it.

maybe he hit a 10" stick?

Dood. I used that line, in this thread, LAST NIGHT. Quit tryin to steal my
schtick [sic]! =P

--

Eggs

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is
'uncopyrightable'!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Yard-Man Belt for self-propelled mower OT

On 9/3/2007 8:06 PM, Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Eggs

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is
'uncopyrightable'!

I enjoy (not so) subtle puns. Can I steal this one & add it to my sig
list? I promise not to scramble it.

--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve
death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to
them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
-- J. R. R. Tolkein
Old 04-09-2007, 07:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 02:14:18 GMT, "Srgnt Billko"
wrote:

"valvejob" wrote in message
.. .

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101
================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

NAPA - and take the sulky off it and walk behind it.

What's NAPA and what's a sulky?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"valvejob" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 02:14:18 GMT, "Srgnt Billko"
wrote:

"valvejob" wrote in message
. ..

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101
================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

NAPA - and take the sulky off it and walk behind it.

What's NAPA

NAPA is a major (nationwide ?) auto supply chain.

and what's a sulky?

You're kidding aren't you ? You don't know what a sulky is ? It's a small 2
wheel platform that attaches to the rear of a mower that allows the operator
to stand on it and be pulled along behind the mower instead of walking
behind.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:51 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

xPosTech said:

On 9/3/2007 8:06 PM, Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Eggs

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is
'uncopyrightable'!

I enjoy (not so) subtle puns. Can I steal this one & add it to my sig
list? I promise not to scramble it.

Of course. I can't take the credit for it. I grabbed it years ago,
somewhere...

=)

--

Eggs

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:14 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

valvejob wrote:
On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 02:14:18 GMT, "Srgnt Billko"
wrote:

"valvejob" wrote in message
.. .

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101
================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

NAPA - and take the sulky off it and walk behind it.

What's NAPA and what's a sulky?

Mikey Waltrip humping a sponsor?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 18:34:56 -0500, valvejob wrote:

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101
================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

Order it online and installed and all it well.

Ok, not really that well. I'm concerned as to why the new one broke
and also this mower has a lot of vibration. Engaging the transmission
also is not smooth.

And I can see I'm going to need new wheels every year on the front .
I think rear wheel drive would be better.

Old 13-09-2007, 04:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

valvejob wrote:
On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 18:34:56 -0500, valvejob wrote:

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of
service.

===========
yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY
3L = 9.5 mm
31.25 Outside measurement.
v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove
754-04101

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

Order it online and installed and all it well.

Ok, not really that well. I'm concerned as to why the new one broke

Describe the break. Is it clean almost like it was cut, very jagged with
varying length "strings" hanging out of the ends, or what? Is is hard
and crispy where it broke or flexible like the rest of the belt?

and also this mower has a lot of vibration. Engaging the transmission
also is not smooth.

Vibration before or after the transmission is engaged?