Old 11-09-2007, 08:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default The final fix on the new Craftsman lawn tractor (sorry guys I didn't hurt myself this time)

"The original post"

OK, here is the story.
I was mowing the lawn, I hit a stick (pine), it bent the right blade AND
the
bent blade cut into the mowing deck (about 2.5 inches)
I think this was a freak accident, but??

The Sears guy is coming out to look at it Sat.
I've already pounded the metal back in place, and straighten the blade
enough to mow the rest of the property, it just needs a spot weld now (oh
and at least one blade (or some hammering). Three hours on the new
mower.. ugh
When that blade hit the mowing deck it stopped the engine cold!! (it
started
fine and I've run it for about 1 hour so I think it's fine) "no strange
noises"

"The Pics"
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4z1ku2q
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5z5n9mt
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5y9zktd
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4taxzyd
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=62dro0p

After looking at the other mowers and finding out the mower deck on my
machine was to low, they sent out another repair guy to verify I'm not a
dirty filthy liar, he verified yup it was to low, when set at the max deck
height. To low by about 5/8"

Sears built me a new one, it was built on 09/05/07 and delivered it
09/06/07, delivery free of charge.
Deck/blade height is right on.
Blades that came with it are like the replacement blades I bought to replace
the old ones. (heavier duty)
The engine runs smoother at all throttle settings.
The cables and electrical wires are all installed correctly. (up that was
screwed on the old one too)
The steering wheel was installed correctly. (the wheel was off center and I
had to fix it on the old one)

I thought for sure they were going send me a floor model and say it was new,
but they did not.

The Dept. manager and the staff all treated me very well (before and
especially after the verification of the defect)
Kathy is happy with the mower, I'm happy with the final outcome, (new mower
deck AND mower)
With my luck someone will steal it tonight.........

Clark
Thank god for spell check.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark wrote:
[...]

09/07/07, delivery free of charge.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:14 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"

*THWAP*

Don't post in HTML to The USENET!

Oh ! me so sorry! I beg forgiveness please please don't ban me from using
the internet!!!!!!!!
:-p

in case you could not read it I had changed the delivery date to the correct
one of 09/07/07

Clark

Old 12-09-2007, 01:04 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

--

Eggs

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say i'm
responsible.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"

*THWAP*

Don't post in HTML to The USENET!

Oh ! me so sorry! I beg forgiveness please please don't ban me
from using the internet!!!!!!!!
:-p

It's not "the internet", dood. It's The USENET.

in case you could not read it I had changed the delivery date to the
correct one of 09/07/07

Ahh. So, you needed to change one character in your post, and you
felt it necessary to make a 153 line post to do it. Got ya.

*shakes head*

Quality newsreaders (and most servers) will allow you to SUPERCEDE a
post that you made. The servers that don't support it, will simply
add the edited post. (I'm betting you already knew that.) There was
no need to change the format of the message in order to change that
one character.

I found a hot button for Eggs! :-)

Quality news readers? I'm using Outlook express! I obviously don't know
anything about quality.....

There was
no need to change the format of the message in order to change that
one character.

You caught me I'm a dumbass.... sorry is to much and I don't give crap ain't
right either... I'm stuck!!!!
Well I guess I had a brain fart...

Clark

Old 12-09-2007, 01:32 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark wrote:
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"

*THWAP*

Don't post in HTML to The USENET!

Oh ! me so sorry! I beg forgiveness please please don't ban me from using
the internet!!!!!!!!
:-p

in case you could not read it I had changed the delivery date to the correct
one of 09/07/07

Clark

I read it fine and had no problem.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:49 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

[...]

-Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:
Clark wrote:
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
*THWAP*

Don't post in HTML to The USENET!

Oh ! me so sorry! I beg forgiveness please please don't ban me
from using the internet!!!!!!!!
:-p

in case you could not read it I had changed the delivery date to the
correct one of 09/07/07

Clark

I read it fine and had no problem.

I can read it fine too....
well ya know, some old coots out there....

He's really upset about the fact I have not had a mishap in a couple of
days. ;-)
Some old outdated news readers can't read HTML and some people refuse to
update them, mostly because of security issues.

Here's what it looked like to Eggs, well some of it:

deck on myBR> machine was to low, they sent out another repair guy =
to=20
verify I'mBR> not a dirty filthy liar, he verified yup it was to =
low, when=20
set atBR> the max deck height. To low by about 5/8"BR> =
BR> Sears=20
built me a new one, it was built on 09/05/07 and delivered itBR>=20
STRONGFONT size=3D309/07/07/FONT/STRONG, delivery free of =
charge.BR>=20
Deck/blade height is right on.BR> Blades that came with it are like =
the=20
replacement blades I bought toBR> replace the old ones. (heavier=20

Old dog new trick thing?
don't matter I like him even if he smells like old Egg. lol

I kidd. Eggs I kidd.

Clark

Old 12-09-2007, 02:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

wrote:
Clark wrote:
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
*THWAP*

Don't post in HTML to The USENET!

Oh ! me so sorry! I beg forgiveness please please don't ban me
from using the internet!!!!!!!!
:-p

in case you could not read it I had changed the delivery date to
the correct one of 09/07/07

Clark

I read it fine and had no problem.

I can read it fine too....
well ya know, some old coots out there....

He's really upset about the fact I have not had a mishap in a couple
of days. ;-)
Some old outdated news readers can't read HTML and some people
refuse to update them, mostly because of security issues.

Here's what it looked like to Eggs, well some of it:

[...]

Wrong again, d00d. I saw it as text/plain (text/html is also an
option, so I saw your change, which didn't require a format change).

You're totally missing the point(s). There are still many people that
pay-per-byte for their news service. HTML posts eat that up quickly,
as one can't tell the format of the message until it's already been
downloaded. HTML adds unnecessary code to the post, as was
demonstrated by your reply above (which I've snipped). It's also a
security risk from scripts.

Old dog new trick thing?

Ya. You should learn to use an app that was designed for newsgroups.
I've offered before to help you set one up, that I think you'll like.
That offer still stands.

don't matter I like him even if he smells like old Egg. lol

I kidd. Eggs I kidd.

It's all good, d00d. Just lose the HTML.

I told you I was a dumbass.....
People still pay per byte? where in Africa? Brazil? "well just insert any
third world country here"
I'm an American I don't care about anyone else (mostly true).

I'll stick to OE, 'cause I like the way it formats.
I mean jeez I'm already using post fixer, which by the way, is causing my
OE to see duplicate post, as the dates and time are identical.

maybe I should be posting from Google groups. lol
I'm gonna fire up my linux box and post HTML, joking.. well maybe.....
(I'll avoid this group and **** off some other people).

Like I said I had a brain fart.

Clark

Old 12-09-2007, 03:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

wrote:
Clark wrote:
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

[...]

-Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before
you need it.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

wrote:
Clark wrote:
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

[...]

ain't we all? =)

People still pay per byte? where in Africa? Brazil? "well just insert any
third world country here"
I'm an American I don't care about anyone else (mostly true).

Nope, not third world, man. More for binary use, but text isn't always
free. For some, it's just cheaper to pay for usage.

I'll stick to OE, 'cause I like the way it formats.

So, if you had a program that you were able to make look like OE, only MUCH
better, you'd be interested?

I mean jeez I'm already using post fixer, which by the way, is causing my
OE to see duplicate post, as the dates and time are identical.

I'm not so sure that OE Quotefix is causing the duplicates. If it is,
you're the first person to ever have it happen to them.

maybe I should be posting from Google groups. lol

If you did, I'd never know.

I'm gonna fire up my linux box and post HTML, joking.. well maybe.....
(I'll avoid this group and **** off some other people).

My Nix box is down at the moment (until I can figure out why it doesn't
want to boot to anything but text mode).

Like I said I had a brain fart.

It happens.

--

Eggs

- Reset Universe? (Y)es (N)o
Old 12-09-2007, 04:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" wrote in message
snip
I thought for sure they were going send me a floor model and say it was
new, but they did not.

The Dept. manager and the staff all treated me very well (before and
especially after the verification of the defect)
Kathy is happy with the mower, I'm happy with the final outcome, (new
mower deck AND mower)
With my luck someone will steal it tonight.........

Clark

Excellent. A tribute to your ability to deal with the problem. I am
sincerely impressed.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message
snip
I thought for sure they were going send me a floor model and say it
was new, but they did not.

The Dept. manager and the staff all treated me very well (before and
especially after the verification of the defect)
Kathy is happy with the mower, I'm happy with the final outcome, (new
mower deck AND mower)
With my luck someone will steal it tonight.........

Clark

Excellent. A tribute to your ability to deal with the problem. I am
sincerely impressed.

Thanks Srgt. finally a post on topic.

I had no choice, if I didn't take care of it, Kathy was gonna beat my ass.

Clark

Old 12-09-2007, 02:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

wrote:
Clark wrote:
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

[...]

I think you should convert to OE so you can read HTML
Then you could see all the pretty colors too!!!!

Clark

Old 12-09-2007, 11:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" wrote:
Kathy was gonna beat my
ass.

Clark