Old 15-12-2002, 04:44 PM
Eddie G

Default gnats in my basil

Please help me. I have what looks like gnats in my herbs...basil, oregano,
thyme, etc. They are little white things with wings, and occasionally I see
a black one flying around so I think they are baby gnats (the white ones)
since the black ones look like gnats you see in the park.

Since herbs are ingested, how can I safely treat them and still enjoy them?

Thanks,

Eddie G

Old 17-12-2002, 09:11 AM
Die Spammer !!!

try misting or spraying the plants with a solution of 75% water and 25% dish
soap. Maybe try and spray not directly towards the soil to keep as much soap
from going near the soil and roots. This will drive the buggers away and wont
let them come back.

Eddie G wrote:

Please help me. I have what looks like gnats in my herbs...basil, oregano,
thyme, etc. They are little white things with wings, and occasionally I see
a black one flying around so I think they are baby gnats (the white ones)
since the black ones look like gnats you see in the park.

Since herbs are ingested, how can I safely treat them and still enjoy them?

Thanks,

Eddie G

Letting Basil Go To Seed (was: Keeping Basil) Daniel B. Martin North Carolina 1 13-11-2003 01:14 PM
fungus gnats on my basil Eddie G United Kingdom 4 17-09-2003 10:02 AM
fungus gnats on my basil Eddie G United Kingdom 0 17-09-2003 02:16 AM
gnats in my basil Eddie G Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
tiny gnats -flies- aphids David Shalita Edible Gardening 1 31-01-2003 02:14 AM