Old 22-09-2007, 02:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Spiders in my shop HELP

The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV wrote:
"The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message
I am getting large spiders in my shop . I mean huge hairy ones. What kind
of spray works the best that I can mix up an put in my spayer to kill these
spiders ?
Just wondering what you guys have used with succes ?
What would like a professional use , say like Orkin or other contractors
?
Thanks,
Raz

Big question is, what kind of spiders are they. Mostly all spiders if
left alone will not be a problem. Some of which can easily be handled
without biting.

Have you looked into what type of spiders they are?

If they're BIG, they could be wolf spiders;
http://nalts.files.wordpress.com/200...olf_spider.jpg

Rather harmless and will avoid you.

Or are they this one;
http://www.critterridders.com/p1120525.jpg

Which gives good reason to destroy them since they will bite on contact
and cause medical issues in 25% of their bites or so.

I've got the latter in my house actually. Just moved in a month ago and
the place was infested. Haven't done much to kill them however. In fact,
just general cleaning and living in the house keeps them away since they
are indeed recluse.

At any rate, see if you can ID the type of spiders they are before
stomping on them. They may be providing a nice service to you by keeping
the insect population in your shed in check.

Oh, if you DO seek a pro, they will do a 2 or 3 step process. First will
be a toxic bomb that will kill anything living on contact. The second
will be a powder based product.

Problem is, spiders breath through their abdomen, which alot of spiders
keep off the ground. Without that contact the common sprays do not work.

Have crawl space access under the shed? Try sevin dust at the edge of
the crawl space or just under it. Just make sure kids and pets can not
get to it.
Old 22-09-2007, 01:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

i use bug bombs in my shop ,works well on about everything

Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message

HHHHMMM lets see , we got record rainfall this year and I live on an acreage .
I guess this might be my problem . But I have lived in tow many years and
won't ever go back. So, I guess I can live with the spiders but I would still
rather not.
Thanks,

The alternative could be worse. Think about what spiders eat.

Bob

Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Old timers would pickup Hedgeapples and put them areas they wanted to
keep spiders away from. They clam it works.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 04-10-2007, 10:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Bob F said:

"The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message

HHHHMMM lets see , we got record rainfall this year and I live on an acreage .
I guess this might be my problem . But I have lived in tow many years and
won't ever go back. So, I guess I can live with the spiders but I would still
rather not.
Thanks,

The alternative could be worse. Think about what spiders eat.

curds and whey?

--

Eggs

-George Washington's brother was the uncle of our country.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 10/4/2007 5:28 PM Eggs Zachtly said the following:
Bob F said:

"The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message

HHHHMMM lets see , we got record rainfall this year and I live on an acreage .
I guess this might be my problem . But I have lived in tow many years and
won't ever go back. So, I guess I can live with the spiders but I would still
rather not.
Thanks,

The alternative could be worse. Think about what spiders eat.

curds and whey?

Yeah, I killed all the spiders in my tool shed and now it is loaded with
curds and whey :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 05-10-2007, 01:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I use the hedgeapples every year. I place them on Aluminum foil in corners
and under the open countertop sections of my workbench. I can't say that
they work but I don't see very many spiders...of course I don't see any
elephants at all so they must work for them also...:)

--

Ron H in Far West Central Wisconsin
--

help ID the giant spiders in my garden! Dawn Gardening 9 30-08-2005 01:30 AM
Help with spiders, please! limey Gardening 30 29-11-2003 05:42 PM
Help with spiders Papewayo Gardening 4 06-09-2003 01:42 PM
[IBC] scales (was:Killing little white spiders?) Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 15 31-01-2003 10:58 PM
[IBC] Killing little white spiders? Dave Stegink Bonsai 3 31-01-2003 05:49 PM