Old 19-09-2007, 02:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Spiders in my shop HELP

I am getting large spiders in my shop . I mean huge hairy ones. What kind of
spray works the best that I can mix up an put in my spayer to kill these
spiders ?
Just wondering what you guys have used with succes ?
What would like a professional use , say like Orkin or other contractors ?
Thanks,
Raz

Old 19-09-2007, 12:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

You might try Talstar or Bifen but spiders are a different breed, not sure
it will kill them it might just make them stay away. Do a search on Ebay for
Talstar so you will know what to expect for a price.

"The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message
I am getting large spiders in my shop . I mean huge hairy ones. What kind
of spray works the best that I can mix up an put in my spayer to kill these
spiders ?
Just wondering what you guys have used with succes ?
What would like a professional use , say like Orkin or other contractors
?
Thanks,
Raz

Old 19-09-2007, 01:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV wrote:
I am getting large spiders in my shop . I mean huge hairy ones. What kind of
spray works the best that I can mix up an put in my spayer to kill these
spiders ?
Just wondering what you guys have used with succes ?
What would like a professional use , say like Orkin or other contractors ?
Thanks,
Raz

I would imagine using an aerosol bomb or fogger:
http://gardening.wsu.edu/library/inse005/inse005.htm
You may want to cover plastic seats on atv's before setting off bombs or
doing extensive spraying as finish may be affected.

I'm not fond of the large spiders that pop up in my family room and lay
down some of the sticky mouse traps that will also catch bugs.

Frank
Old 20-09-2007, 03:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message
I am getting large spiders in my shop . I mean huge hairy ones. What kind
of spray works the best that I can mix up an put in my spayer to kill these
spiders ?
Just wondering what you guys have used with succes ?
What would like a professional use , say like Orkin or other contractors
?
Thanks,
Raz

Generally, I leave spiders alone. In my house, in my shop, in my garage, in
my garden. They don't generally setup housekeeping unless there's adequate
food supply. Otherwise, they move on. They are nature's version of insect
"roundup". Generally, you leave them alone, they pay the same favor. You
probably need something more than to kill the spiders if they've been there
for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, you'll figure it out without chemical
aids.
Dave

Old 20-09-2007, 04:09 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 9/19/2007 10:29 PM Dave said the following:
[...]

I haven't seen Garden spiders in a few years, but this year they seem to
have had a resurgence.
I had this big beautiful intricate web strung between a Japanese Maple
and a Rhododendron. It was about 2' across. My wife accidentally walked
through it and destroyed it.
The next day, there was another great web between the rear view mirror
and the door latch end on my truck with an anchor going down to the
driveway. I felt bad destroying it so I could move my truck. I'm
looking around for another that I can photograph.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Old 20-09-2007, 04:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" wrote in message

I haven't seen Garden spiders in a few years, but this year they seem to have
had a resurgence.
I had this big beautiful intricate web strung between a Japanese Maple and a
Rhododendron. It was about 2' across. My wife accidentally walked through it
and destroyed it.
The next day, there was another great web between the rear view mirror and the
door latch end on my truck with an anchor going down to the driveway. I felt
bad destroying it so I could move my truck. I'm looking around for another
that I can photograph.

I broke one support line on a web the other day. It was fascinating to watch the
spider replace the damaged support. It took him about 2 minutes. Over to the
damage. Up the web to the deck. Across the deck to where the broken support had
been. Back across the deck, down the web to the damaged spot. Done.

Bob

Old 20-09-2007, 04:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 9/19/2007 11:26 PM Bob F said the following:
"willshak" wrote in message

[...]

Fantastic. I am impressed with them. I have a few in my basement office.
I have been working on my computer when one would rappel down from the
ceiling down in front of the monitor. I grab the rappel line about a
foot above the spider and move him/her over to the wall area..
For the record, I kill nor harm any animals (especially mammals), nor
bugs, insects, or anything not a plant.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 20-09-2007, 05:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" wrote in message

[...]

Then do yourself a favor and never look at the grill of your
automobile..it might put you over the edge...

Lar

I have, and if there is a dead bird in there, I get mad that I killed
it. I have killed baby bunnies that were left by their mother in a small
hole in my lawn that would not have held a softball, with my mower, and
felt bad all day. I feel for anything I kill by accident. I do not kill
anything on purpose.
However, I must say, that there are many humans that I would kill
without a second thought.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 20-09-2007, 06:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" wrote in message
[...]

Got a spider that had a 6 foot web between the top rail and ceiling on front
porch. He was there for about a month. He moved to the fence. Made web
between the fence top and the fence post that extends up 8' at the gate
entry. He's about 3" across at the legs, black and yellow in color. Same
species spider made web between the ground and the top of the front tire on
my parked pickup. Both have been out those locations for about a month. I
will have to drive my pickup soon, hope he moves okay.
Dave

Old 20-09-2007, 09:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
GWB GWB is offline

I eat everything I kill.

(Dammit, I hate it when I have to kill bugs.)

Old 20-09-2007, 10:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:59:42 -0500, The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV wrote:

I am getting large spiders in my shop . I mean huge hairy ones. What kind of
spray works the best that I can mix up an put in my spayer to kill these
spiders ?
Just wondering what you guys have used with succes ?
What would like a professional use , say like Orkin or other contractors ?
Thanks,
Raz

Good day.
This time of the year is spider breeding season, so the males are
wandering around looking for a mate. These spiders most likely have been
in the shop the whole time and now your seeing them out in the open.

Before you bomb the place or lay down a bunch of chemicals that will kill
the spiders and otherwise harm you, I would highly suggest that you look
at spider traps. These have worked very well for me and this is a great
time of the year to use them. They have a pheromone that attracts them to
their sticky demise!

Good luck........

--
http://www.ywgc.com
The garden article database.

Old 20-09-2007, 10:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" wrote in message

[...]

Who's to say that a good percentage of those weren't suicides? Hmm? I mean,
c'mon, let's face it... it's /gotta/ suck to be a bug. =)

--

Eggs

Can atheists get insurance for acts of God?
Old 21-09-2007, 05:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message
I am getting large spiders in my shop . I mean huge hairy ones. What kind
of spray works the best that I can mix up an put in my spayer to kill these
spiders ?
Just wondering what you guys have used with succes ?
What would like a professional use , say like Orkin or other contractors
?
Thanks,
Raz

I did forget to mention that I had a lot of crickets in the early summer so
I sprayed for them. I have swept the ones up in the middle of the florr but
I haven't moved things around from the walls to sweep all the dead ones.
Could this be attracting the spiders ? and keeping them alive ?
Thanks,
Raz

Old 21-09-2007, 06:47 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"GWB" wrote in message
I eat everything I kill.

(Dammit, I hate it when I have to kill bugs.)

Do you lick them off the grill of your car?

Bob

Old 21-09-2007, 12:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Lar" wrote in message
[...]

Spiders catch live prey. An urban acre is supposed to have a population of
over a million spiders...an acre of meadow land can be between 2-5 million
spiders. Along with if you are in a part of the country that has been
extra wet this year there will be extra foods for spiders thus allowing
even higher spider numbers in a given area.

Lar

HHHHMMM lets see , we got record rainfall this year and I live on an acreage
.. I guess this might be my problem . But I have lived in tow many years and
won't ever go back. So, I guess I can live with the spiders but I would
still rather not.
Thanks,
Raz

help ID the giant spiders in my garden! Dawn Gardening 9 30-08-2005 01:30 AM
Help with spiders, please! limey Gardening 30 29-11-2003 05:42 PM
Help with spiders Papewayo Gardening 4 06-09-2003 01:42 PM
[IBC] scales (was:Killing little white spiders?) Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 15 31-01-2003 10:58 PM
[IBC] Killing little white spiders? Dave Stegink Bonsai 3 31-01-2003 05:49 PM