Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Fall seeding or feeding

I live in NJ, four 3 weeks ago I core aerated and seeded. I'm now seeing
commercial to feed my lawn with some Scotts product. My question is this:
Should I feed my yard now or is this just their way to sell some of their
fertilizer?

Old 04-10-2007, 05:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Peter Pan wrote:
I live in NJ, four 3 weeks ago I core aerated and seeded. I'm now seeing
commercial to feed my lawn with some Scotts product. My question is this:
Should I feed my yard now or is this just their way to sell some of their
fertilizer?

I'm assuming you're talking about a winterizer. This is a good idea as
it slowly feeds your lawn during a period when the turf is getting ready
to become dormant. Then in the spring, as soon as the turf needs it, the
fertilizer is still there to give the turf an added boost. A true
winterizing fertilizer will provide a higher percentage phosphorus and
potassium and less nitrogen. The phosphorus and potassium is for root
growth and disease resistance. Snow mold is a problem that is alleviated
by these. Nitrogen tends to encourage top growth and this you don't need
at this time of year so it should be slow release so it will be there in
the spring.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Peter Pan" wrote:
I live in NJ, four 3 weeks ago I core aerated and seeded. I'm now
seeing commercial to feed my lawn with some Scotts product. My question
is this: Should I feed my yard now or is this just their way to sell some
of their fertilizer?

Yes and yes.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Oct 5, 2:29 pm, Steveo wrote:
"Peter Pan" wrote:
I live in NJ, four 3 weeks ago I core aerated and seeded. I'm now
seeing commercial to feed my lawn with some Scotts product. My question
is this: Should I feed my yard now or is this just their way to sell some
of their fertilizer?

Yes and yes.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Even better would have been to put down starter fertilizer when u
seeded, then follow up with a fall type product 6 weeks later.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 5, 2:29 pm, Steveo wrote:
"Peter Pan" wrote:
I live in NJ, four 3 weeks ago I core aerated and seeded. I'm now
seeing commercial to feed my lawn with some Scotts product. My question
is this: Should I feed my yard now or is this just their way to sell
some
of their fertilizer?

Yes and yes.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Even better would have been to put down starter fertilizer when u
seeded, then follow up with a fall type product 6 weeks later.

I did the sarter fertilizer when I seeded, next step I guess is the
winterizer
Thanks for the help

Fall feeding emceemc Ponds (moderated) 8 15-09-2008 02:07 AM
Fall Feeding Newbie Bill Ponds 4 17-10-2004 12:43 AM
Fall Feeding Newbie Bill Ponds 0 13-10-2004 09:00 PM
Seeding lawn in Fall? Me Gardening 2 04-09-2003 07:32 AM
feeding and seeding after scarifying squishy United Kingdom 2 28-05-2003 09:44 AM