Old 31-10-2007, 02:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default lawn winterize

Bob F wrote:
wrote in message news:PC3Ti.149537$Xa3.146744@attbi_s22...
Bob F wrote:

I have never figured out how one would evenly distribute homegrown compost
over
a lawn. Any suggestions?

Bob
Well Bob, you take a shovel and sling it all over an area. Then, you take
a leaf rake and rake it in. Or, you could dump a pile in an area and use a
bow rake to rake it out, then turn it over, tines up, to work it in.
That could be a LOT of work for a large yard. I might just wait for a better
idea.

Bob

Why don't you get a compost spreader? You could buy one or rent one.

I never even knew they existed.

Gee - only $1000 for a push one.
http://www.bullspreader.com/index_017.htm

I guess I need to look a little further.

Bob

You don't have a rental place near you?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Bob F wrote:

I have never figured out how one would evenly distribute homegrown
compost
over
a lawn. Any suggestions?

Bob
Well Bob, you take a shovel and sling it all over an area. Then, you take
a leaf rake and rake it in. Or, you could dump a pile in an area and use a
bow rake to rake it out, then turn it over, tines up, to work it in.
That could be a LOT of work for a large yard. I might just wait for a
better idea.

Bob

Why don't you get a compost spreader? You could buy one or rent one.

I never even knew they existed.

Gee - only $1000 for a push one.
http://www.bullspreader.com/index_017.htm

I guess I need to look a little further.

Bob

You don't have a rental place near you?

I do. They don't have them. They do have a "peat moss spreader". Maybe that is a
starting point for a home design.

http://www.aurorarents.com/Detail.as...owAllRecords=0

Bob

Lawn Winterize symplastless Gardening 0 03-10-2008 12:26 AM
lawn winterize symplastless Gardening 66 22-10-2007 11:11 PM
Lawn turned brown, still needs winterize? Doug Kanter Gardening 5 25-11-2006 06:35 PM
Lawn turned brown, still needs winterize? John Smith Lawns 9 23-11-2006 05:43 PM
Lawn turned brown, still needs winterize? John Smith Gardening 2 22-11-2006 12:45 AM