GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/165853-garden.html)

Gringo 15-10-2007 01:27 PM

Garden

I have recently had some pavers layed in my lawn and as they have been put in level it is now nessessary for me to do a small amount of remedial work to make up the levels.I would seek advise on wether it is possible to lay a 30mm to 40mm layer of topsoil over an existing lawn and seed.
All help would be appreciated

Dave 16-10-2007 02:33 AM

Garden

--
Gringo

I wouldn't go beyond 1" of topsoil over an established lawn. You do the
math for the millimeter equivalent.
Dave

[email protected] 16-10-2007 10:26 PM

Garden

In article ,
says...
"Gringo" wrote in message

I have recently had some pavers layed in my lawn and as they have been
put in level it is now nessessary for me to do a small amount of
remedial work to make up the levels.I would seek advise on wether it is
possible to lay a 30mm to 40mm layer of topsoil over an existing lawn
and seed.
All help would be appreciated

I wouldn't go beyond 1" of topsoil over an established lawn. You do the
math for the millimeter equivalent.

One inch is 2.5 centimetres, or 25 millimetres.

--
Earn Money With Your Web Site
http://www.WebSponsorZone.Net

Dave 17-10-2007 05:39 AM

Garden

wrote in message
In article ,
says...
"Gringo" wrote in message

I have recently had some pavers layed in my lawn and as they have been
put in level it is now nessessary for me to do a small amount of
remedial work to make up the levels.I would seek advise on wether it is
possible to lay a 30mm to 40mm layer of topsoil over an existing lawn
and seed.
All help would be appreciated

I wouldn't go beyond 1" of topsoil over an established lawn. You do the
math for the millimeter equivalent.

One inch is 2.5 centimetres, or 25 millimetres.

--
Earn Money With Your Web Site
http://www.WebSponsorZone.Net
Web Site Advertising Directory