Old 16-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Registered User

Default Perfect Stripes & lawnwower manouvre

-Im a currently proposing to design a lawnmower that functions both forwards and backwards to guarentee the perfect linear structure on lawn cutting.
-This process will hopefully allieviate the manouverability of the lawnmower at the end of the lines, which can often be a clumbersome task!

-If anybody has any thoughts on this, or similar problems etc. please let me know! all your additions will be greatfully recieved and help my progression in my design!
Old 16-10-2007, 06:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

http://www.greenlinesdesign.co.uk/netscape/profile.htm
Old 16-10-2007, 10:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question612.htm

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Old 16-10-2007, 11:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"newsreader-Durham" wrote:
Two words protruded from the omeletive reply: anal-retentive.

Irony enough to loosen a lug nut!

Chris in Durham

Huh?

fu set
Old 17-10-2007, 12:27 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

willshak said:

[...]

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question612.htm

The roller is unnecessary. The reel mower will lay the grass in one
direction, simply by how it operates. The crew at work never rolls the
fairways, but they're striped just fine.

When we used to do an LPGA major, it was pretty effin' cool. They striped
everything by GPS. From the air, *all* of the fairway stripes ran *exactly*
the same direction.

I'm glad we don't do that major, anymore. What a PITA *that* was. LOL (and,
not just because of the fairways)
--

Eggs

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up,
he'll never be able to edge his car onto a freeway.
Old 17-10-2007, 05:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

But, hardly original...
Dave

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
GreenLineDesign said:

-Im a currently proposing to design a lawnmower that functions both
forwards and backwards to guarentee the perfect linear structure on
lawn cutting.

Noone but golf courses and anal-retentive homeowners give a shit if their
turf is "striped". Any reel mower will accomplish this. You going to

invent
the reel mower? LMFAO!

-This process will hopefully allieviate the manouverability of the
lawnmower at the end of the lines,

Oh, that's just great. Let's "alleviate the maneuverability" of a lawn
mower. Dumbass, you just said you're going to make it more difficult.

1. Learn to spell.
2. Learn what the "big words" mean, before you attempt to use them.

***
Alleviate:
Function: transitive verb

relieve, lessen : as
a: to make (as suffering) more bearable her sympathy alleviated his
distress
b: to partially remove or correct measures taken to alleviate a labor
shortage

http://m-w.com/dictionary/alleviate

Maneuver
Function: intransitive verb

1 a: to perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to
secure
an advantage b: to make a series of changes in direction and position for

specific purpose2: to use stratagems : scheme

transitive verb

1: to cause to execute tactical movements
2: to manage into or out of a position or condition : manipulate
3 a: to guide with adroitness and design
b: to bring about or secure as a result of skillful management
¡X ma¡Pneu¡Pver¡Pabil¡Pi¡Pty \ noun

http://m-w.com/dictionary/maneuverability

***

which can often be a clumbersome task!

Bullshit. You push down on the handle, turn, and set the deck back down.
How ****ing hard is that?

-If anybody has any thoughts on this, or similar problems etc. please
let me know! all your additions will be greatfully recieved and help my
progression in my design!

Forget about inventing a lawn more that's more difficult to use, for the
sole purpose of "striping" a lawn. Your time would be better spent taking
some remedial courses in English.

--

Eggs

- If I went 'round, saying I was an emperor, just because some moistened
bink had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Old 17-10-2007, 05:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message news:TT8Ri.140594$Xa3.61631@attbi_s22...
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
said:

GreenLineDesign wrote:
-Im a currently proposing to design a lawnmower that functions both
forwards and backwards to guarentee the perfect linear structure on
lawn cutting. -This process will hopefully allieviate the
manouverability of the
lawnmower at the end of the lines, which can often be a clumbersome
task!

-If anybody has any thoughts on this, or similar problems etc. please
let me know! all your additions will be greatfully recieved and help my
progression in my design!

http://www.greenlinesdesign.co.uk/netscape/profile.htm

*yawn*

indeed

The net site country of origin is indeed a "yawn" in this specific arena.
Kinda to be expected. Thus: yawn.
Dave

Old 17-10-2007, 05:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
GreenLineDesign wrote:
-Im a currently proposing to design a lawnmower that functions both
forwards and backwards to guarentee the perfect linear structure on
lawn cutting.
-This process will hopefully allieviate the manouverability of the
lawnmower at the end of the lines, which can often be a clumbersome
task!

-If anybody has any thoughts on this, or similar problems etc. please
let me know! all your additions will be greatfully recieved and help my
progression in my design!

This is for the UK?

That's where most of the stupid ideas about lawns came from and many of us
follow... Britain. They got it from their nobility types many centuries
before.

I say we make circles, oops, they're doing that too on their farms. (UFOs)

If you have make those perfect-mundo stripes, they should alternate
perpendicular in direction per next mow. I'll let the newsgroup figure out
why if using the standard push/power/riding mower.
Dave

Old 17-10-2007, 05:58 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Dave" wrote:
The net site country of origin is indeed a "yawn" in this specific
arena.

Kinda to be expected. Thus: yawn.
Dave

No-doze may be in order for you, Dave. You seem to yawn when you type.