GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Softened Water (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/1662-softened-water.html)

Slobby 12-01-2003 03:56 PM

Softened Water

My new home has a full house water softener, including the outside
spigots. Can softened water be used on lawns and other plants? I'll
be seeding in spring.

Thanks.
DAEV

lois 17-01-2003 03:02 AM

Softened Water

No especially salt softened. The others = reverse, pot -too expensive,

There must be valves that shut off the softened water to your outside
faucets. They should be very near the softener tank , or the faucets
themselves

If a knowledgable neighbor cant help, or the tank mfg, it would be worth
the plumbing cost. Otherwise neighbors would sue and all levels of govt
would be after you when everything dies.

[It is a Federal offence to apply anything outside but 'approved'
products; or to use them in an unapproved manner; ie- not following
directions to the T]

Chas Hurst 22-01-2003 04:58 AM

Softened Water

There's really no need to have the cold water softened.
But, if that's what you have, it won't harm plants that get rain
occasionally to flush the small amount of salt away. Indoor plants can get
very upset because salt will build up.
If you drink tap water, you will also get some salt.