Old 02-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Tim

Default snowblower- tires

I have a snowblower and this year we are getting hammered with snow. The
tires seem to be spinning allot this year in the snow. Would chains help
the tires? The tires are currently the big knobby ones.

Tim

Old 02-02-2003, 10:19 PM
Die Spammer !!!

Tim wrote:

I have a snowblower and this year we are getting hammered with snow. The
tires seem to be spinning allot this year in the snow. Would chains help
the tires? The tires are currently the big knobby ones.

Tim

Do they make chains for snowblower tires? It might be cheaper to find some
non self tapping screws such as the ones pictured at
http://www.mobile-mart.com/screws.htm that is small enough to screw into the
knobs of your knobby tires and not puncture the tire. I would thinik that 1
screw every inch or two in the center of the tire would be perfect. These
would be easy to take out if ya had the bolt socket and socket wrench or
cordless socketwrench setup.

Old 03-02-2003, 01:04 AM
Dr. Doctor

yes they make chains for snowblower tires. screw in teh tire is a
interesting idea not sure if i would do it my self

No the tire you have are made to be used with no chains. The rubber is
softer to help with traction also with the big knobby tires chains will just
end up between the knobs and become ineffective.

yes tire pressure will make a difference should be 12 - 15 psi but double
check on the tire itself it should have the rated psi for your specific
tire.

Old 11-02-2003, 03:55 AM
Leroy

You can get a tire fill kit to put water in those tires. Sure use an
antifreeze mixture. The other thing is the knobbys are good but the AG tires
filled with water and antifreez will provide alot of weight. The farm
equipment sales people near you would be able to give you ratios for tire
air/water/ antifreeze mix.

"Tim" wrote in message
et...
I have a snowblower and this year we are getting hammered with snow. The
tires seem to be spinning allot this year in the snow. Would chains help
the tires? The tires are currently the big knobby ones.

Tim

tractor tires Raleighgirl North Carolina 5 14-02-2005 06:51 PM
Riding Mower - Flat Tires Dave Lawns 5 17-02-2004 06:38 AM
Damage from Lawn mower tires Tin Man Lawns 0 11-06-2003 01:08 PM
Potato's in old tires ? Mylorace Australia 9 10-06-2003 01:20 AM
Troybilt tires and wheels Rojo2G Gardening 6 26-02-2003 08:51 PM