GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   North Carolina Red Dirt Lawn Care (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/1673-north-carolina-red-dirt-lawn-care.html)

gilgantic 03-02-2003 05:52 PM

North Carolina Red Dirt Lawn Care

Hi Gardeners,

I am lawn and garden novice.

Question
========
How do I deal with a new North Carolina red dirt lawn?

Situation
=========
I'm building a home here in Charlotte, NC (through a local home builder). The
home is due to be finished in May or June 2003, the beginning of the summer.
They begin plant grass seeds (not sure what type) in April. I would like the
builder to put down Fescue Sod, but I can't afford that option right now. I
have noticed patches of red dirt showing in peoples lawn through out the
community, and don't want that to happen to me.

What I am afraid of, since my yard will begin planting in Spring, instead of
Fall, I will obtain patches, burnt grass, or other abnormalities.

What to do?

[email protected] 03-02-2003 06:22 PM

North Carolina Red Dirt Lawn Care

(gilgantic) wrote:
Hi Gardeners,

I am lawn and garden novice.

Question
========
How do I deal with a new North Carolina red dirt lawn?

Situation
=========
I'm building a home here in Charlotte, NC (through a local home builder).
The home is due to be finished in May or June 2003, the beginning of the
summer. They begin plant grass seeds (not sure what type) in April. I
would like the builder to put down Fescue Sod, but I can't afford that
option right now. I have noticed patches of red dirt showing in peoples
lawn through out the community, and don't want that to happen to me.

What I am afraid of, since my yard will begin planting in Spring, instead
of Fall, I will obtain patches, burnt grass, or other abnormalities.

What to do?

Short answer..top dress with your own soil as needed.

--
Go# 40 42 12