Old 03-02-2003, 06:52 PM
gilgantic

Default North Carolina Red Dirt Lawn Care

Hi Gardeners,

I am lawn and garden novice.

Question
========
How do I deal with a new North Carolina red dirt lawn?

Situation
=========
I'm building a home here in Charlotte, NC (through a local home builder). The
home is due to be finished in May or June 2003, the beginning of the summer.
They begin plant grass seeds (not sure what type) in April. I would like the
builder to put down Fescue Sod, but I can't afford that option right now. I
have noticed patches of red dirt showing in peoples lawn through out the
community, and don't want that to happen to me.

What I am afraid of, since my yard will begin planting in Spring, instead of
Fall, I will obtain patches, burnt grass, or other abnormalities.

What to do?