GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what height to set snowblower skids at? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/1674-what-height-set-snowblower-skids.html)

Tim 03-02-2003 10:44 PM

what height to set snowblower skids at?

I have a blacktop driveway and wondering at what height I should set the
skids plates at? How much clearance between the ground and the bottom
scoop?

[email protected] 04-02-2003 12:01 AM

"Tim" wrote:
I have a blacktop driveway and wondering at what height I should set the
skids plates at? How much clearance between the ground and the bottom
scoop?

We used to use a quarter,I like it better without shoes as long as it's
level,if it's my own driveway.

You'll have to adjust it to your likeing.

--
Go# 40 42 12
50GB/Month

[email protected] 04-02-2003 12:05 AM

wrote:
"Tim" wrote:
I have a blacktop driveway and wondering at what height I should set
the skids plates at? How much clearance between the ground and the
bottom scoop?

We used to use a quarter,

I should of said a quarter under each end of the cutting blade.

Beware,do not attempt with machine running! ;)

--
Go# 40 42 12
--------------------

Dr. Doctor 04-02-2003 02:06 AM

what height to set snowblower skids at?

it really comes down to personal use. usually the more uneven or rocks in
the area you will using you will want to set the skid up high to avoid the
scraper bar from catching and help from rocks or other small objects from
going through the unit and damaging it.
From new when I set it up I use two 1/8" piece of flat iron under the
scraper bar (with the unit not running) to set the skid height, after that
it is up to the customer to choose his final setting.

Die Spammer !!! 05-02-2003 09:55 AM

"Dr. Doctor" wrote:

it really comes down to personal use. usually the more uneven or rocks in
the area you will using you will want to set the skid up high to avoid the
scraper bar from catching and help from rocks or other small objects from
going through the unit and damaging it.
From new when I set it up I use two 1/8" piece of flat iron under the
scraper bar (with the unit not running) to set the skid height, after that
it is up to the customer to choose his final setting.

yep, all depends on how much snow ya wanna leave.