Old 19-12-2007, 04:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Barking dog next door

"Stubby" wrote in message

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I have a neighbor that has a barkng dog. It will stand at the fence and
bark all day if I am out in the yard or garden. I thought about calling
the cops BUT the owner is a State Trooper. SO now what.

Try a squirt bottle full of hot sauce. I have used plastic lemons with
"Dave's Insanity" sauce.

Or, how about turning on the garden hose?

I had a neighbor whose dog barked at me everytime I came home. I finally just
left the hose on with the nozzle hooked on the fence. Pick it up, blast the
barking dog. It only took him about 6 weeks to quit barking at me. Still barked
at anyone else in my yard.

Old 19-12-2007, 04:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message
We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything about
it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and when the
dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is too high for
humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Thanks in advance.

*******************************8

I have heard of such devices. Bought a little handheld one at a thrift shop
which was completely ineffective.

Check with your local animal control. Where I live, if the barking bothers you,
it is the animals owners responsibility to solve the problem. They have a
complaint process which gets the owner quick notification, and tickets after
multiple complaints.

Old 19-12-2007, 06:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Bob F" wrote in message
news

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message
We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything
about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and
when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is
too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop
barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Thanks in advance.

*******************************8

I have heard of such devices. Bought a little handheld one at a thrift
shop which was completely ineffective.

Check with your local animal control. Where I live, if the barking bothers
you, it is the animals owners responsibility to solve the problem. They
have a complaint process which gets the owner quick notification, and
tickets after multiple complaints.

Ultrasonic aids are available all over the place. They will work if you can
put it close to the dog. Camouflage it so it isn't obvious.

As for all the hooey about notification of the authorities, fergeddabout it.
I complained for months. Got a neighborhood arbitration face to face with
the creep, and then at the end, he refused to sign the papers he had agreed
to at the beginning of the meeting. We moved shortly after that. The dog
is probably still barking. In some communities, you can get more done, but
in some, they can't do dick.

Steve

Old 22-12-2007, 04:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"Stubby" wrote in message

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I have a neighbor that has a barkng dog. It will stand at the fence

and
bark all day if I am out in the yard or garden. I thought about

calling
the cops BUT the owner is a State Trooper. SO now what.

Try a squirt bottle full of hot sauce. I have used plastic lemons

with
"Dave's Insanity" sauce.

Or, how about turning on the garden hose?

I had a neighbor whose dog barked at me everytime I came home. I

finally just
left the hose on with the nozzle hooked on the fence. Pick it up,

blast the
barking dog. It only took him about 6 weeks to quit barking at me.

Still barked
at anyone else in my yard.

Thanks. I guess you can beat just dealing with it directly.

I heard that one reason dogs keep barking is that they think they are
being rewarded for doing it -- the barkee comes out, the barker barks,
the barkee leaves - hence the barker thinks his barking has scared the
barkee away.

Another suggestion I heard was for the barkee to become the barker -
like you are saying. Go straight over and stay there until the barker
backs off -- just like he does.

Sam

Old 22-12-2007, 06:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"Stubby" wrote in message

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
[...]

My mother-in-law buys me things at Big Lots that she thinks I need. One was
this little blue box about half the size of a pack of cigs. It has a 9v.
battery and a button. When you press the button, you don't hear anything,
but the dog does. I use it when my dogs are being hard headed, and when I
work and there's a dog that just won't STFU. It works on about half the
dogs. Trick is distance. Not expensive, and maybe what you need. Point it
through a slat or knothole, or hold it over the fence. When a dog gets
something back that's unpleasant for barking, they will usually back off
with continual training. That's how bark collars work. If not, there are a
lot of anti-barking devices that you can mount on YOUR property that will
give him a pretty good blast that no one else hears. They are spendier, but
work when you're not there. And you can disguise them or just say it's a
mosquito and moth repeller.

Good luck.

Steve

Old 23-12-2007, 12:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"SteveB" wrote in message news:cetv35-
My mother-in-law buys me things at Big Lots that she thinks I need. One was
this little blue box about half the size of a pack of cigs. It has a 9v.
battery and a button. When you press the button, you don't hear anything, but
the dog does. I use it when my dogs are being hard headed, and when I work
and there's a dog that just won't STFU. It works on about half the dogs.
Trick is distance. Not expensive, and maybe what you need. Point it through
a slat or knothole, or hold it over the fence. When a dog gets something back
that's unpleasant for barking, they will usually back off with continual
training.

Sounds like the gadjet I tried from a thrift shop. I could see no effect on the
dog when I tried it.

Old 23-12-2007, 12:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Bob F" wrote in message
news

[...]

Different communities deal with it differently. It can still be frustrating even
when they help, but at least it relieves the feeling of being able do do
nothing.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

chicken parts soaked in anti-freeze
Old 26-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisTheBald View Post
chicken parts soaked in anti-freeze
Just shoot the t**tting thing, then Job done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy days..