GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tiller (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/1681-tiller.html)

Keith Carroll 11-02-2003 02:30 AM

tiller

I have a small garden. I am tired of tilling with my back.
Can anyone give me input on the Mantis or Ryobi tillers ?
Thanks Keith

Die Spammer !!! 11-02-2003 04:22 AM

tiller

you have a bad back?

Betsy 11-02-2003 07:38 AM

tiller

Get a Honda.

. net...

Timothy 11-02-2003 11:34 PM

tiller

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:30:16 +0000, Keith Carroll wrote:

I have a small garden. I am tired of tilling with my back.
Can anyone give me input on the Mantis or Ryobi tillers ?
Thanks Keith

Good day Keith. I've used the mantis tiller many times. The are well built
machines that will till ten inches or so deep. They have a 2 cycle, echo brand
engine and they should last many years. I've never used the ryobi tiller,
but I own a few ryobi string trimmer multi-tools. The ryobi moters are
rather good, but their construction is somewhat weak in my oppion. But if
your not using it in a commercial way, it should do just fine. The mantis
will sell for $280 to $350 and the ryobi goes for $120 to $200.

Phoenix Arizona 18-02-2003 07:38 PM

tiller

I also bought a Honda 100 and man it goes, my garden is 6ft x 35-40ft
bought it from home depot last night, put it together in 30 minutes
(sitting on the floor with a cup of coffee) it was real easy
then i went out to try it... had to finish the garden because it was
fun and it seems to have enough engine power will let ya know how its
goin

Dean

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:30:16 GMT, "Keith Carroll"
wrote:

I have a small garden. I am tired of tilling with my back.
Can anyone give me input on the Mantis or Ryobi tillers ?
Thanks Keith

Dean & Barbara
1988 Cherokee
1999 Grand Cherokee
2001 Coleman Timberlake
2 Girls, 2 Dogs

Tim Fischer 05-05-2003 11:58 PM

tiller

"Phoenix Arizona" wrote in message

I also bought a Honda 100 and man it goes, my garden is 6ft x 35-40ft
bought it from home depot last night, put it together in 30 minutes
(sitting on the floor with a cup of coffee) it was real easy
then i went out to try it... had to finish the garden because it was
fun and it seems to have enough engine power will let ya know how its
goin

Must be nice. My garden is under at least a foot of snow.

-Tim