Old 17-02-2003, 11:15 AM
Jim

Default deere 100 series

Does anyone know anything about the John Deere 100 series? Are they
reliable?
Home Depot is featuring those.
The L100 is $1500 and the L110 is $1800. This seems pretty cheap.
I am looking for a mower. I just bought a house with 1 acre.

Old 17-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Tim Fischer

"Jim" wrote in message
Does anyone know anything about the John Deere 100 series? Are they
reliable?
Home Depot is featuring those.
The L100 is $1500 and the L110 is $1800. This seems pretty cheap.
I am looking for a mower. I just bought a house with 1 acre.

I'm a big fan of Deere, but have heard bad things about their low end. If
you look at these tractors up close, they look pretty cheap. I have a
"real" Deere bought from a dealer which cost about 3x as much, but is built
like a tank.

-Tim

Old 17-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Dr. Doctor

you get what you pay for cheap in price is cheap in quality no matter what
brand it is.

Old 27-02-2003, 05:30 PM

Hi Jim,
Those are good mowers, but if your going to spend that kind of money,
why not get a Honda?
Also,here's something to think about. Home Depot won't help you if
you have a problem after 30 days. I bought a John Deere brush cutter &
ALL of the attachments from them & have had a lot of problems trying
to find anyone to do warranty work. Also,if you buy from HD,be sure &
save your receipt or you are really screwed. I have mine stapled
inside the owners manual of each piece of equipment.DON'T keep them in
your wallet or the print disappears. If I had it to do over, I would
buy from a REAL dealer. Home Depot prices sure make it hard not to buy
from them,but getting warranty work is a pain. Well, thats my 2 cents.
Good Luck,
David

Old 27-02-2003, 11:27 PM
Tim Fischer

wrote in message
Hi Jim,
Those are good mowers, but if your going to spend that kind of money,
why not get a Honda?

Because Deere is better?

Also,here's something to think about. Home Depot won't help you if
you have a problem after 30 days.

True. According to JD's website, their dealers will help you out. To what
degree remains to be seen...

-Tim

Old 27-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Tim Fischer

wrote in message
Hi Jim,
Those are good mowers, but if your going to spend that kind of money,
why not get a Honda?

Because Deere is better?

Also,here's something to think about. Home Depot won't help you if
you have a problem after 30 days.

True. According to JD's website, their dealers will help you out. To what
degree remains to be seen...

-Tim

john deere 214 or 200 series service manual needed Kim Lawns 1 31-07-2006 08:40 PM
need a deck for a 300 series john deere lawn tractor yheti Lawns 0 14-10-2005 05:42 AM
LT-180 vs. L Series Jamie Leach Lawns 0 25-06-2003 04:32 AM
deere 100 series Jim Lawns 4 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
beauty series lavatera vs silver cup and mont blanc sam Gardening 0 26-01-2003 01:53 PM