GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Killing Dandelions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/16965-killing-dandelions.html)

Andy & Lucinda 20-04-2003 05:08 PM

Killing Dandelions

Hello all,

Now that I've moved to a rural setting, is there any chemical or
treatment that I can use to kill off my two acres of dandelions without
contaminating my well (and the neighbor's also)?

The grass seems to be pretty thick and well-established; the lawn just
wasn't taken care of for the past couple of years. Wide open with only
a few immature trees but tons of the yellow stuff. Despite what my wife
says, I ain't eating them.

Regards,
Andy
--
***remove "spambomb" from address to reply...***

Perry Noid 20-04-2003 11:08 PM

Killing Dandelions

Andy & Lucinda wrote:

Hello all,

Now that I've moved to a rural setting, is there any chemical or
treatment that I can use to kill off my two acres of dandelions without
contaminating my well (and the neighbor's also)?

The grass seems to be pretty thick and well-established; the lawn just
wasn't taken care of for the past couple of years. Wide open with only
a few immature trees but tons of the yellow stuff. Despite what my wife
says, I ain't eating them.

Regards,
Andy

Just eat them, they're good for you, as long as you haven't sprayed them
with chemicals.

Phoenix Arizona 21-04-2003 03:09 AM

Killing Dandelions

My Grandmother used to make Dandelion wine...
i never learned how..

Peter H 21-04-2003 11:56 AM

Killing Dandelions

"Andy & Lucinda" wrote in message
Hello all,

Now that I've moved to a rural setting, is there any chemical or
treatment that I can use to kill off my two acres of dandelions without
contaminating my well (and the neighbor's also)?

The grass seems to be pretty thick and well-established; the lawn just
wasn't taken care of for the past couple of years. Wide open with only
a few immature trees but tons of the yellow stuff. Despite what my wife
says, I ain't eating them.

Regards,
Andy
--
***remove "spambomb" from address to reply...***

Believe it or not you can use a commercial weed killer without any risk to
your well water or your family's health if you read and follow the
instructions. Hell you can even screw up a bit and still be safe.

Peter H