Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default basic question about 2 cycle engines

do most small two cycle engines (like on trimmers) have reed valves?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"nucleus" wrote in message
do most small two cycle engines (like on trimmers) have reed valves?

No, they are usually piston ported.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

if there are no reed valves, then my problem must be the carb. engine
will run a few
seconds if i squirt a small amount of the gas/oil mixture into the
spark plug hole,
but will not run from the carb. i am positive fuel is getting to the
carb because i
made a separate tank with new tubing and the primer bulb draws
properly and
the overflow returns to the tank properly. also the engine will run a
few seconds
if i squirt a small amount of the gas/oil mixture into the carb
opening.

i have disassembled the carb, blown out all passages, all diaphragms
have no
pinholes, but apparently the carb does not function. this particular
carb is
foreign (chinese, i guess) and i cannot find a source for a repair
kit.

any suggestions how i can get this thing running?

Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

"nucleus" wrote in message

do most small two cycle engines (like on trimmers) have reed valves?

No, they are usually piston ported.

What is on the carb? It should have a name and some letters and numbers.
Walbro and Zama are the most popular. Also what kind of 2-cycle engine,
by that I mean what piece of equipment is it on? ie: chainsaw, blower,
trimmer, etc...

--
Art
Old 07-01-2008, 12:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

not a walbro or zama, if you have a cross reference for this carb so i
can
get a carb repair kit, please let me know. the carb markings are
"RUI"
followed by something that looks like "X" followed by "ING" and below
that is the number 306019478. equipment is a "razorback g-scooter".

Old 08-01-2008, 01:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

nucleus wrote:
not a walbro or zama, if you have a cross reference for this carb so i
can
get a carb repair kit, please let me know. the carb markings are
"RUI"
followed by something that looks like "X" followed by "ING" and below
that is the number 306019478. equipment is a "razorback g-scooter".
What is on the carb? It should have a name and some letters and numbers.
Walbro and Zama are the most popular. Also what kind of 2-cycle engine,
by that I mean what piece of equipment is it on? ie: chainsaw, blower,
trimmer, etc...

Here you go -
http://www.scooterx-gas-scooters.com/parts.htm
There is an email address where you can ask about a carb kit.
Complete carb is $40.00, complete motor $150.

--
Art
Old 11-01-2008, 12:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

most 2 cycle that run slow,5000 rpm have reeds, the ones that run 10,000
rpm do not have reeds.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:51 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

nucleus wrote:
not a walbro or zama, if you have a cross reference for this carb so i
can
get a carb repair kit, please let me know. the carb markings are
"RUI"
followed by something that looks like "X" followed by "ING" and below
that is the number 306019478. equipment is a "razorback g-scooter".
What is on the carb? It should have a name and some letters and numbers.
Walbro and Zama are the most popular. Also what kind of 2-cycle engine,
by that I mean what piece of equipment is it on? ie: chainsaw, blower,
trimmer, etc...

Basic chinese disposable crap.

Question about Gas Trimmer Engines John McDougald Lawns 5 17-08-2005 05:50 AM
Question about 2-stroke engines Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com Edible Gardening 21 04-05-2005 11:21 PM
closed cycle pond question KoiDave Ponds 10 20-08-2003 03:22 PM
Basic Lily question Carl Beyer Ponds 7 05-06-2003 10:44 AM
basic botony question: What triggers perrenials to begin regrowing? Adam Schwartz Gardening 9 26-04-2003 12:44 PM