GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help identify shrub and possible disease (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/170280-help-identify-shrub-possible-disease.html)

Cleetus Awreetus 13-01-2008 03:58 AM

help identify shrub and possible disease

I have shrub in my yard and it's almost completely covered in white
spots. I don't know what type of shrub it is or what the white spots
are. Can anyone help identify what type of shrub this is and what might
be the cause of the white spots and what can be done to get rid of them?
See pictures at http://www.the-kochs.com/shrub.htm

If this isn't a good forum to pose a question like this, please let me
know what a good forum might be. Thanks.

Thanks.

KC[_2_] 17-01-2008 05:11 AM

On Jan 12, 9:58*pm, Cleetus Awreetus wrote:
I have shrub in my yard and it's almost completely covered in white
spots. *I don't know what type of shrub it is or what the white spots
are. *Can anyone help identify what type of shrub this is and what might
be the cause of the white spots and what can be done to get rid of them?
* See pictures athttp://www.the-kochs.com/shrub.htm

If this isn't a good forum to pose a question like this, please let me
know what a good forum might be. *Thanks.

Thanks.

I think someone used your plants to clean their chalkboard erasers.
Either that or the worse case of whiteflies I've ever seen.
KC

Willshak 18-01-2008 04:32 AM

on 1/12/2008 10:58 PM Cleetus Awreetus said the following:
I have shrub in my yard and it's almost completely covered in white
spots. I don't know what type of shrub it is or what the white spots
are. Can anyone help identify what type of shrub this is and what
might be the cause of the white spots and what can be done to get rid
of them? See pictures at http://www.the-kochs.com/shrub.htm

If this isn't a good forum to pose a question like this, please let me
know what a good forum might be. Thanks.

Thanks.

A fungus? Perhaps that downspout emptying right next to it might have
something to do with it.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY