Old 21-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Aron

Default 30 year old washer question

I have a Maytag washer that I believe is 30 years old this year. My
girlfriend thinks it is quite odd that the machine shuts off when it's
filling if the lid is opened. It is top loading. Is this in fact an odd
way of operating? Why did they design it to do that?

Thanks,
Aron

Old 22-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Peter H

"Aron" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I have a Maytag washer that I believe is 30 years old this year. My
girlfriend thinks it is quite odd that the machine shuts off when it's
filling if the lid is opened. It is top loading. Is this in fact an odd
way of operating? Why did they design it to do that?

Thanks,
Aron

You might try

alt.home.repair

with this question Aron.

Peter H

Old 22-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Patch

It's a safety feature & a good one when you think about it. Can you imagine
some little kid climbing into one during the fill or wash cycle? Or an adult
reaching in during the spin cycle!

rthlink.net...

Old Fashioned Gully-washer Today JB[_6_] Ponds (moderated) 0 21-03-2012 11:48 PM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Bill Neff Bonsai 3 18-05-2005 05:28 AM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 17-05-2005 10:14 PM
Simoniz pressure washer serious problem Andy Kalsey Lawns 1 13-10-2003 05:32 PM
Planting a 3 week old tank and propagating a 2 year old sword rhizome McCord Tech Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 12-09-2003 11:22 AM