Old 03-03-2008, 08:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Arizona (Phoenix) lawn seed.

What experiences can locals to phoenix share about what lawn seed they used
for the best overall lawn here in Phoenix( Gilbert actually).
I had the typical Bermuda , which was killed off( I know it isn't completely
dead most likely) with roundup over the last couple of years, then I had a
local hydroseeder lay down his product last year, which worked "ok". I just
ran a dethatching blade on the mower and took down the huge amount of
dead(dormant) grass "stick" thatch left form the winter and am looking for
the best way to get a thick green lawn short of sod.
Any one ever heard of the quickgrasspatch( .com) "wonder grass"?

Any thoughts?

Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Alexander SuperTramp" wrote :
What experiences can locals to phoenix share about what lawn seed they
used for the best overall lawn here in Phoenix( Gilbert actually).
I had the typical Bermuda , which was killed off( I know it isn't
completely dead most likely) with roundup over the last couple of years,
then I had a local hydroseeder lay down his product last year, which
worked "ok". I just ran a dethatching blade on the mower and took down
the huge amount of dead(dormant) grass "stick" thatch left form the winter
and am looking for the best way to get a thick green lawn short of sod.
Any one ever heard of the quickgrasspatch( .com) "wonder grass"?

Any thoughts?

Any Arizona Lawn seeding advice?

Old 21-03-2008, 01:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Alexander SuperTramp" wrote in message

"Alexander SuperTramp" wrote :
What experiences can locals to phoenix share about what lawn seed they
used for the best overall lawn here in Phoenix( Gilbert actually).
I had the typical Bermuda , which was killed off( I know it isn't
completely dead most likely) with roundup over the last couple of years,
then I had a local hydroseeder lay down his product last year, which
worked "ok". I just ran a dethatching blade on the mower and took down
the huge amount of dead(dormant) grass "stick" thatch left form the
winter and am looking for the best way to get a thick green lawn short of
sod.
Any one ever heard of the quickgrasspatch( .com) "wonder grass"?

Any thoughts?

Any Arizona Lawn seeding advice?

I was always fond of the green gravel. Didn't need water, just a little
weed killer now and then. Now that I'm back living in Illinois, Dandelions
are my biggest problem. I swear there's more of them than the grass, at
times.

Tom G.